Tuesday 4 June 2019

This and That


                                              Poppies are blooming!!






             I couldn't resist taking a picture of this old truck which was parked down the street. 


Our power was off yesterday morning. I had started doing laundry but didn't get far. Apparently the power pole needed replacing. Something to do with the large house being built next door. 

Here's my comfy swing ( with my rabbit's cage in the background).  It's all under cover so I can sit here and watch the rain. Which we haven't been able to do for a while and it is getting quite dry!!
 

DH built this glider swing a number of years back.  It doesn't get as much use as it used to when the kids were at home.


I didn't have much to write about but I did want to do a post.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!


G.M.

15 comments:

  1. I love poppies. I wish they lasted longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swing looks pretty comfy. And the yellow blanket! Seems I only have the orange poppies. The pink ones have all died out. Thanks for the post. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poppies!! I don't know if I could grow anything like them, but I'd surely like to try. Just gorgeous!

    It must be so sweet and summery to glide/swing with the company of rain and/or people you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh....loving that truck. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poppies are so pretty. Wonder if I could grow them here. Your husband can do anything! That glider is amazing. I would love to have one, but no way would my husband tackle a job like that. I can see why you had to take a picture of that old truck. It's sure fixed up neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thise poppies are gorgeous! Do you like someone to sit in the swing with you? I dont mind if Lorelei does, but anyone heavier than me slows it down so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. A child sitting there is okay but when my DH sits down with his big work boots the glider doesn't glide much.

      Delete
  7. Those poppies sure are pretty.
    NICE old truck and I love the glider!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty poppies! Your hubby is so multi-talented and you have so many nice places to relax and enjoy the outdoors. We had a truck just like that when I was about 10 years old. So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your poppies! My mama grew poppies galore when I was very young; she loved the reddish-orange best. Old trucks and cars are fascinating, aren't they? What a great glider swing!! I would be using it all the time! Blessings to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty poppies and a joy to see the old vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That glider swing that your husband made is just gorgeous. He is quite the skillful man when it comes to all of the different things he can do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Your garden and your flowers are magnificent, you certainly have a green thumb. You have created a little Paradise and your gliders and swing look like the perfect spot to enjoy it. Have a sweet weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful poppies and nice glider swings :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Poppies are just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete