Sunday 15 November 2020

Monday Again

 


 It's Monday again.... a new week. One of the things I want to do today is try this product on my kitchen countertops. They are laminate, dark green, and not as nice any more, not as I'd like them to be. DH tried car polish on them but that didn't last long ( although it looked good for a few days). I have hopes that this stuff will do what it promises to do. It states that it will clean and polish wood surfaces and also laminate. We'll see how it does. We bought it at the hardware store.....


 ...where they had a big display of Christmas Cactus. White, pink, and even some that were more peach than pink.  I found one pot that has several plants in it and has both white and peach-coloured buds. I hope you can see that in the pictures.



I used to have Christmas Cactus but they got so huge and took up so much room that I got rid of them. I'm going to try to keep this one pruned so it stays a manageable size.  I know it's not hard to pinch them back I just need to remember to do that once this one has finished blooming. I may separate it into 2 individual pots at that time.

Have a wonderful week!!   Thanks for visiting.


GRANNY MARIGOLD



18 comments:

  1. Hi G.M.....We have a 'Crab Claw Cactus' on the back veranda which flowered for the first time this year- splendid red flowers. Hope the Hardware Cleaning Agent works well on your Kitchen Bench Top Lamianates. Have you tried 'Floor Wax'. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the cleaner does the trick on your counter tops. Your cactus is going to be so pretty when it blooms. How unique to have two colors in one pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing with christmas cactus, they got too big. I didn't know you can prune them back. I just purchased one full of blooms which may be white and pink,a sweet surprise when the bloom. How do you prune them back, or when?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it works! Lovely Christmas cactus! Hope you have a peaceful day 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Monday again, it seems to come too fast. I love Christmas Cactus, I think they're so pretty. Hope you enjoy yours and I hope Zep does a good job on your countertops. I also have laminate, it cleans easy enough but it has lost it luster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cousin who used to grow a lot of these succulents and she was always potting up new ones. They looked gorgeous when they were all out in flower (I especially loved the hanging basket ones).
    Enjoy your week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that product works for you. I do see the colors of the cactus...it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your cleaner works well. The Christmas cactus is beautiful and nice and full too. It see the colors very well. My Mom would have loved it. She loved the color peach.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice lush plant. I've never seen one with peach blossoms, I bet it's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the new product you're trying. Hope it turns out well.
    I am so thankful for my quartz counter tops, that are so easy to keep clean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice plant in good hands in a fine house with best friends.

    Monday always is my day to clean the house. The right cleaning-soap is important.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that cleaner works well. I might need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will be pretty no matter what color! You can divide it up! I hope your cleaner works:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will have to keep us updated as to the success of this new product as my countertop has lost its luster as well in the one area where I always work. Your Christmas cactus will be quite stunning when in bloom. Mine finally has more than one bud on it, I don't seem to have much success with indoor flowering plants. I notice that the large palm tree I bought this fall has fungus gnats in the soil, yuck! Any suggestions?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Dad use to have lots of these Cactus so made me think of him they are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I dearly love Christmas cactus. My mother had quite a huge one. You lucked out with two shades/plants in one pot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck on the countertop cleaner. I love Christmas cactus but can never seem to get it to grow or live. I have only seen red ones in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of people in my gardening group have been talking about Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter Cactus. You can tell the kind by the shape of the 'leaves'. I should get myself one.

    ReplyDelete