Tuesday 17 November 2020

Some Baking and Decorating

 We're not tired of eating apple crisp yet. I added cranberries this time and they add a nice colour.

The cookie tin needed filling so I baked Gingersnaps. They spread a lot.



 This batch of cheese biscuits was made in a hurry with no attempt made to cut them the same size.

Eldest daughter and her daughter ( GD Kate) were coming over and I wanted to have these ready.
 

While Kate cut her grandad's hair  ( she's an amazing hairdresser) my daughter put tiny Christmas lights on the dollhouse and covered them with fluffy batting (?) to give the impression of snow.  It was she who built the house years ago starting with a kit and changing it as she went along. Later she and my DH added the lean-to kitchen.




 Just 37 more days until Christmas and the dollhouse is ready. I better get myself organized although this year everything will be different.   Still, there will need to be sweets baked, cards sent, trees decorated...  

Thanks for coming by. Keep safe and well.


Granny Marigold


13 comments:

  1. that's really lovely! what a nice doll house! fun bakes too! I made a pasta today and made 'cheaters garlic bread'...I buttered 1 halves of an English muffin, sprinkled garlic powder on top and toasted them in the toaster oven! worked great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of language! What you call biscuits we call scones, and our biscuits you call cookies. I love that we are all different, and yet all the same (as in enjoying baking for loved ones).
    The dollhouse is so sweet. I love miniatures and have often thought of setting up a house but have never done so. Your daughter has decorated it beautifully for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi G.M....Your cooking looks fabulous- yes, Christmas is not far away now- guess you'l be getting Snow soon. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I'm guessing that your house smelled wonderful with all of that baking. I don't think I could get tired of apple crisp either. I'm glad you still get to visit with your daughter and granddaughter.
    It's not too early for Christmas. I've put up our decoratons already! The world needs more cheerfulness this year.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The batting does look like snow! What a precious doll house. And your baking looks delectable! Bet your house smelled good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great day...its always wonderful to see our kids/grands plus you got all that wonderful baking done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have decorated the dolls house, it looks amazing. As does the baking, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's right! Those are the fun things! I should start cards sooner this year . . .
    Good to hear from you, GM! (BIG HUG)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your baking has made me hungry. I had planned on baking some pumpkin bread but the jigsaw puzzle got in the way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could enjoy living in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't do much baking anymore, because we don't need to eat it, but baking pies will happen next week. Thanksgiving requires pie, no matter how small the gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though I just finished dinner, my mouth is watering over your tempting treats. Mind if I sneak one of those cookies? :)
    The dollhouse is looking very festive.

    ReplyDelete