Wednesday 24 March 2021

Wednesday Chitchat

 

 The next project my DH and youngest son are tackling are the back steps which lead from the sunroom down to the back yard. They have been awful to keep clean because they were very rough. Now the guys have removed them and turning each step upside down ( after taking it to the workshop to be planed). This will hopefully end up with much smoother and easier to sweep stairs.


All the hard work makes them more hungry than usual so I've been busy in the kitchen.
Buns, scones and Impossible Pumpkin pie....


Above...one of my favourite suppers of crepes filled with cottage cheese and covered with a fruit sauce.


What I'm reading this week. The Elizabeth Berg book is from the library and I haven't started reading it yet. I've read every one of the many books she's written. Some were excellent, some not so much.

I bought the Henri Nouwen book at the thrift store. Haven't started that one yet either but I know I'll enjoy it.

And of course I have to have a Miss Read on the go as well.  Do you read more than one book at a time?


So that's how my week is going so far. It's rather damp outside so I think I'll put my feet up and relax since there's nothing I can do outside.

I hope your day ( and week) is going well.


Thanks for coming by,  G.M.

19 comments:

  1. Nice job on the stairs! Bet your house sure smelled good today. I have two books going right now, 3 if I include the Bible which I read through once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been raining here most of the day so I've been inside with my crocheting and utube videos. Your baking all looks mouthwatering. I'm sure people are glad to help with projects when they'll have such good treats afterward. :-) Turning the stairs over was a brilliant thing to do and something I would never have thought of.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baked goods look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE HENRY NOUVEN! The book I have of him is: "I listen to the silence" GREAT! A fine summer-book - -

    Your house is full of good and peaceful ideas and hearts! I love the wooden style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everybody is always busy at your house! Your baking looks delicious.
    I can only manage one book at a time and it takes me a long tine ti finish just one. something else always get in the way of reading. Or I fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My week is passing so quickly. We had a bit of rain and snow on our mountains, way down here in New Mexico. We always need rain. I think your cooking looks delicious! "Will work for food" comes to my mind! I do read multiple books at once, but they have to be of different kinds or I get mixed up. Like a memoir and a mystery and a recipe book. I am big on reading recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Betsy. Your baking surely must be a great incentive to get your hubby and son to do those repair jobs. Yes, I have three different books going right now. However, there are some books I just can't put aside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband and son sure are handy! That's wonderful! Everything you make looks so delish to me....I love the pictures you take! and your book choices look good to me too! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely bakes and lovely meal! I love crepes!!! and I love Miss Read! H. N. is a well loved author! I don't know E.B. though hope the stairs works out as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home must smell amazing, your baked goods are so pretty and looks so good. I have a couple books going right now. Two at a time is my average :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your baking, everything look so good!
    Sometimes I read two books at the same time.
    Have a nice day.
    Here it’s also raining.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bakes goodies look amazing, the scones particularly look so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope the stairs project goes well. Your baking looks delicious! I read the Bible every day and normally just have one other book going. Plus another devotional. But occasionally I get two regular books going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stair project does look to be an ambitious one. I like how they are going to turn them over. What a wonderful idea! I'd be happy to be an assistant if it meant indulging in your delicious baked goods afterwards.
    I have read Elizabeth Berg and Miss Read. Henri Nouwen is new to me. I must go see what I've been missing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You treat your hardworking men well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, I am coming to eat with you! LOL! YUM! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those buns look great! Wish I lived next door!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay to feeding the workers! It was sort of a tradition in our home that the womenfolk always fed the men well when they had been working hard - and the men always seemed to appreciate it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure your husband and son appreciate the baking rewards for their efforts! Yum! Yes, I often have more than one book on the go. All of yours look like ones I'd enjoy, although I've never read any by Elizabeth Berg.

    ReplyDelete