Wednesday 26 June 2019

This and That


We went raspberry picking!  I've been eating so many and I'm still not tired of them. Of course I made some jam and also froze some for winter.  I think I'll make some scones later. I think fresh raspberry jam on scones would be delicious.


               These cherries came from the market...


           ...as did these veggies.  They're destined to become soup for our supper.


I have a nice crop of Basil growing on the windowsill. I find the leaves are so much more tender than Basil grown outside. I don't need a lot ( DH doesn't like the taste of it at all) so if it's close at hand I can pick as many leaves as I need so easily.


I've been cutting Lavender and tying it in little bundles, hanging them to dry.  I found light lavender ribbon and have begun wrapping the stems and making a bow. I'm sure my girls will want some.


That's all that's happening around here.

 Thanks for coming by,   G.M.

13 comments:

  1. Well now I'm hungry! lol It all looks so good and I love the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those raspberries look so delicious. It is still a bit early for ours to be ready...but...our currants and gooseberries are ready! And your lavendar is so nicely done up. Your girls will appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have a few raspberries in our new patch. We are anxious to see if we have avoided the pests that ruined our crop in the old patch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those fresh fruits and veggies are mouth watering! I'll bet your home smells wonderful with those sprigs of lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raspberries look wonderful! You and I are eating alike lately. I just bought a small bunch of cherries. I've already consumed them. And last night I made a casserole of potatoes, green beans and ham. Just finished that off today! Enjoy all of your raspberry recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I think I smell that sweet basil. I have some I have grown from seeds and it has done so well. Matter of fact I need to transplant some of it into another pot. Love the pictures. Berries look yummy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just started hanging lavender to dry and making lavender bags from last years crop. Those raspberries look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy!!! But a good kind of busy. Always fun to pick fruits...I love picking blackberries better than anything on earth. Is that not crazy? I loved it when I was a kid and picked them in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A kitchen windowsill looks so good with a pot of Basil! I love it and use it with tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love scones and raspberry jam is my favourite!!! it's a blessing of summer time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raspberries give me a very summery feeling. I remember picking them the first summer we came to northern California, and once long ago I even tried growing them in my garden, and I got a harvest of exactly one raspberry!! Someone who did get a lot of them thought that they are much tastier in jam or pie, etc. than eaten raw... but I don't think so -- do you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jerry and I love basil! I grow tons of it in each of the kids' gardens at their houses. I've never tried growing it indoors... might have to try that. Veggies sure are better when they're home-grown! Hugs and blessings to you G.M! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those raspberries look fabulous! Jam-making is such rewarding work. Your basil is lovely too. Our severe drought has pretty much destroyed our gardening this year, and Adam says even our herb beds are very brown :(

    ReplyDelete