Thursday 5 June 2014

Our short trip



We were only gone two days but we packed a lot into those two days. We drove to Whidbey Island, in Washington State. We have been there many times in the past. The children always enjoyed the ocean and the fort at Fort Casey was a big hit especially with the boys. So here are some pictures.

This is one of two bridges over Deception Pass ( you can faintly see the second in the distance).


         Yes, that's yours truly on the rather rocky beach watching the tide come in.


                                  The lighthouse at Fort Casey




For some reason this tunneled path intrigued me and I had to have a picture. 

                  Fort Casey  with all the abandoned concrete buildings and cannons etc.
A cute shop

This beach was a short walk from our campsite. From here I took the last picture, the one of the same bridge in the first picture. I hope you've enjoyed pics.  You know I'd love it if you left a comment, however short, just to let me know you've been by.

         Granny Marigold.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic's. The one of Fort Casey with the abandoned concrete buildings etc. brought back so many memories. We had a picnic nearby and my boys couldn't get over their uncle eating sliced bananas on his sandwich. I remember the scenery but they still sometimes talk of the awesome picnic and helicopter that came up on the other side of the concrete walls as we were eating. Great memories!!!y.s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scenery pics but the one that I keep going back to is of the Purple Moon gift shop.....what a lovely display window.....I can only imagine how much time one could spend looking at all the lovely items in there....did you find any treasures therein?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so many things to see in that shop, I'm sure I only saw a small portion of them all. One entire area was rocks ( semi precious ) and one area was china and so on. I resisted and only looked. Let's face it my preference is buying things other people have paid full price for and now want to sell at their garage sale!!

      Delete