Sunday 12 July 2015

Classic Cars

Hundreds of old cars and their proud owners came together yesterday in the park to show their fine cars. It being so close to our place we just walked over. Didn't manage to see even a half of all there was but it was fun anyway. 






This one was of particular interest to me because it is a 1941 Plymouth and my dad owned one from 1941 until 1953. The one we had was a two door, didn't have the fancy stripe on the side neither did it have fancy tires/wheels. 
 


                      This next one was for sale.  $18,000
 


Our weather has mercifully turned cooler and this was especially nice for the car show but will be great for a week in which we will get things done. Hard to feel energetic when it's over 30 degrees.

Hope you're having a nice restful Sunday.        Granny Marigold



4 comments:

  1. Hi Granny Marigold, What a nice lot of cars you got to see. Glad to hear that you are getting some relief from the heat. Take care. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to look at the old cars isn't it? I too am appreciating the cooler weather. I just wish we would get enough rain to do some good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby would have had a blast! I'm a '57 Chevy gal myself. I think because it reminds me of my childhood. I love fins! :) Was it the '61 Chevy that has more horizontal fins? Love that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really like the '57 Chevy. According to my DH it was the '59 that had the horizontal fins.

      Delete