Monday 13 July 2015

This and That


Yesterday DH, myself, and youngest son were sitting out on the porch when we noticed this baby Hummingbird just sitting very close by.  It sat for quite a while and didn't seem bothered by us at all. Isn't it the cutest little thing?


The bush beans are producing now as are the Zucchini and the cucumber ( remember that vertical-growing plant we bought a couple of months ago?) 


We had people over on the weekend and I made a blueberry trifle which was very delicious, if I say so myself. 
                               from this,,,,,,


           to this,,,,,,


................to the final result. 

 On Saturday we stopped at a garage sale that didn't have much of anything I wanted except this lovely case. The inside is also floral and has a removable tray. I managed to find a couple of Hydrangea blooms that were close in  colour and I set both  on the stair landing. Makes me happy just to see them every time I go past.



                Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. Hi Granny Marigold, Lucky you to be able to view the little hummingbird like that!! The blueberry trifle looks so delicious! I picked my first beans today. I love the little case you bought and the Hydrangea blossoms go so well sitting beside it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trifle looks good! I'm hoping to get to some garage sales this weekend:) The case is very pretty.
    Your beans look perfect. Our tallest runners have now reached 10', and I'm waiting for them to flower. The zucchini are in full production though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little humming bird Marigold..
    the food-- yummmy
    and the case/floral display is so pretty too !
    Oh my refinished counters..they look good smooth and clean..but not really picture worth..ha
    will post some pics later though..
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find with that case! I have a hard time resisting cases and boxes, they make me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I cannot pass by the pretty boxes, cases even the tins ( of which there are always dozens!!) without looking to see if there's one I just NEED. Ha!

      Delete
  5. I love when simple things can bring a smile... the box is lovely.

    ReplyDelete