Thursday 8 February 2018

This and That


My Amaryllis has four blooms now and more buds on the other stalk I'm so pleased with how well it's done. The Daffodils I brought in to bloom didn't do so well, in fact, there were only 3 pathetic little flowers which I cut and put in a vase since the foliage was all bent down.anyway..



                 Christmas tea pot I found on Tuesday.


             Sort of matches the Christmas tea cups.


Dianna, on her blog Forgiven, showed how she made bagels using dough she made in her breadmaker. Today I thought I'd try to do what she did but my poor bagels looked pretty awful. I wonder what I did wrong. The good news is that although they look lumpy and deformed they taste
good. Even DH who doesn't usually like bagels liked them. I only used part of the dough for the bagels and used the rest for the little cheese breads  ( also slightly deformed) we like to have with soup.  ( I did make more then 3 bagels but by the time we had supper these were left.)


Thanks for visiting!


                       What they should have looked like!!!
 

11 comments:

  1. Its the taste that matters. Love the teapot, a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, GM! I think your baked goods look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always read your blog first thing in the morning, before my 10 a.m. breakfast break, and it makes me HUNGRY!!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea pot looks very good with your cups. That was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Amaryllis is absolutely gorgeous! Wow! You encourage me to give it a try next year.

    The only thing that counts with bagels (or anything else we make in our kitchens) is how they taste. It sounds as if your were quite tasty. And I like your cheese bread. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, your bagels look good to me. Much better than mine would turn out. I do love bagels. You and Dianna both are wonderful cooks. I love that Christmas teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The amaryllis is beautiful! They seem to be a good bulb flower to have indoors, unlike the daffodils. What a great match that teapot is for the cups, good find!
    Your baking always looks so good, and I can almost taste it. We don't do any wheat flour based baking anymore, or bring any into the house, although don't deny ourselves if eating out, which we do rarely. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your Christmas china and I think the teapot matches quite well. I've never tried making bagels. I'm always amazed at what you all have time to make!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the tea pot and tea cups. So pretty. Your bagels look good even if they are not "picture" perfect. How they taste is more important than looks. The cheese breads look delicious. They remind me of the baby cheese loaves I used to make at the bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cups and pot are just delightful. You make such good finds! I bet the bread was very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is very tasteful. I adore your tea set. You mentioned in your profile you live close to a lake. I do also. I am in one step in the local town with a PARK FIRST and one step in the country setting by car or if I go to friends. Street over. Many have a walk into a bush. Before I was away from everything and was in bush land and real bears and pesty raccoons.

    ReplyDelete