Wednesday 14 February 2018

Valentine's Day Surprise


          The surprise was not particularly welcome.  Luckily it's already melting.



                      We walked in the park and enjoyed the unsullied snow.



It's not only Valentine's Day for our family, it's also middle son's birthday. Yes, he was my Valentine's baby.
I made these cupcakes and after I iced them I put half a Pirouette cookie in each.


I also made a cheesecake ( in an 8 by 12 pan) and a Magic Cookie Bar also in the same size pan.
I'm going to make a dozen or so of these "sampler" plates before anyone arrives. That way I can sit and enjoy the visit instead of being stuck doing the serving. That piece of cheesecake was the first one I took out of the pan. It seems that is always a slightly broken piece.


Thank you all for your lovely comments on my Teddy bear party. I hesitated to post about it thinking you all would think I was a little crazy. Instead you were so kind and even thought it was a great idea!
I just appreciate each one of you. You are a fantastic group of friends.

Thanks for visiting,

         Granny Marigold

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you will be having a yummy Valentine Birthday party!
    No snow here, just rain, but up north they were teased by the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a surprise I could do without...but it is pretty...everything all covered in white. I love the way you think when it comes to preparing the plates ahead of time before the guests arrive to celebrate your son's birthday. All of your goodies look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son! Those look like great treats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, how special to have a Valentine's Day baby. I can see he will always feel loved on his special day. What a delicious and pretty spread of goodies you have prepared.
    As for your surprise... it sure does look pretty. Hopefully it won't overstay it's welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your goodies look so delicious. I love those pirouettes... so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teddy bears were adorable :) And these delicacies are superb! What a great birthday idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sampler was a delight, I wish I was closer so that I could join you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A white Valentine's Day!! My brother's birthday is on valentine's day too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and you are such a sweet friend. That plate of desserts looks so pretty and so delicious. I don't understand how you stay so slim. You must enjoy making all these good foods for everyone else. And, a late Happy Birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely Valentine's Day to celebrate with 3 different desserts and plates all ready to serve up too! How sweet of you indeed :) That cheesecake sure looked delicious! And the snow looked so pretty! Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cheesecake was amazing!
    - Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was happy to see the last of our snow gone this afternoon. Ramona the sheep was happy to have grass to graze on again. Your goodies look...good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was sure I would have a Valentines Baby. Her Birth was February 18th. I still enjoy Valentines Day. Those cupcakes look yummy. My hubby being Dutch he once in awhile picks up. Those yummy sticks you have inserted in your cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete