Sunday 11 March 2018

Mainly Books


I went to the thrift store with the express purpose of getting kid's books that I had either never read and/ or had at some point given away.  All children's books are .50 at this particular thrift store unless for some reason they have a sticker pricing them higher.  You might wonder why, if I went for books I'm showing you a Teddy bear.  I made the mistake of walking past a display of dolls and here with them was this adorable flapper teddy.  Obviously I had to buy her.


              The Helen Forrester, although not a kids book, was in the children's book area .



With the weather turning milder I won't be reading quite as much as I am these days but I have the books and will eventually read them.

I must apologize for Blogger. Once again several comments have disappeared. If you left a comment but don't now see it rest assured I did read it before it disappeared. I find this rather frustrating. Does anyone else have this same issue?

Thanks for visiting,


          Granny Marigold



7 comments:

  1. Having just participated in a Laura Ingalls Wilder challenge I immediately spotted some Little House books with the ones you purchased. Great collection...and for 50 cents how could you pass them up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've had the disappearing comments problem. A few years ago I had two full sets of the Chronicles of Narnia, thinking I would give them to my kids when their kids were big enough. Jordan saw them and said, "Mom, I think you're hoarding." Ha ha. So, I gave one set to the library book sale, and I may still have the other somewhere. They were mismatched sets, but I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great reading there. No disappearing comments that I know of, but I do have one reader/commenter who doesn't show up on email like all of the rest do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. or not! I know some go to spam and I have to go and get them:) Good for you buying books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I publish the comments on my blog, but I hardly ever go over and look at them ON my blog, you know? So I wouldn't even notice if they were lost, eek!
    What a nice selection of books! I think I see Heidi hiding back there, the very same edition I had as a little girl. Good reading, Granny M.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could resist buying that cute bear, especially to add to a collection. She is mighty fancy! I don't think comments disappear from my blog, but there are a few who leave comments that never show up or they go to spam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bear, she's is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete