Monday 26 March 2018

Spring Break


It's Spring Break for the grands and still colder than usual. Too chilly to play outside. The trees in the park look wintery but at least the grass is green.



                              Snowdrops are blooming...



          .... and so are the Hellebores.


 I wonder if you have a Crokinole game or if you're even familiar with it. This board is old, probably over 40 years since we ordered it through  the Sears catalog. M is really good at aiming his discs; I'm not that good but Grandad is a worthy opponent.



Earlier M and I played a round of Chinese Checkers. Now he and Grandad have gone outside in spite of the weather.  That boy needs some fresh air and Granny needs some time to relax.


I hope your week is off to a great start.

Thanks for visiting,


Granny Marigold




9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! I'm not familiar with the game that M and Granddad are playing, but it looks fun. Chinese Checkers is more my speed. ~wink~
    Oh...and those flowers that I can see from where the guys are playing their game! Be still my heart! That would be my dream room in this old house. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we're farther south, but our weather is also just too cold to be outside comfortably. 34 degrees is the low tonight, and it is SO windy - makes it feel much colder. I've never seen that first game before. It's great that you have games to play with the grandson -- good memories, good interaction, no screens :) Happy Easter week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of that game, or ever seen one like that. Good for you and grandpa for entertaining the grandson.
    Spring break here is two weeks away, so hopefully it will be warmer. My grands will be warm, since they are going to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That game looks like a good one on a chilly day. Those older board games are becoming collectors' items too. That sunroom looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those old game boards are so cool. Is Crokinole sort of like shuffleboard where you try to hit each other's discs? Makes me want to go on ebay and find some old games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to play Chinese Checkers quite a bit. That is an old board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playing Knips Brat would be too hard on my crippled fingers but it's a great way for W to spend time with M. Here we are on spring break too but the weather is chilly with the promise of freezing rain and snow tomorrow. I saw that the Canada Geese have arrived so there's hope!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sure identify with the 'crippled fingers' as mine are also affected but it makes me the ideal opponent for a nine-year-old.

      Delete
  8. WHAA HOO Chinese Checkers... I just gave that game to my Grandson... He said ..WHAHHHHHHHH... ...Man wait till he gets on to it .. I love that your playing board games with your grand children ... What a good grandpa and Grandma... and ... Hey look at your plants sprouting ( envious)....I wish I was into my garden ... aside of the six foot snow drifts (ha ha )... but the sun is shining and soon it will be spring. .. Happy Easter...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete