Sunday 29 July 2018

Good-bye to some old trees


I've shared before how our city lot was surrounded by very tall evergreens that shaded our back yard and actually hung over our house filling the gutters with debris and making a lot of mess. ( In the picture below that's our house on the left).  Well, the neighbour decided to have those trees cut down and that's what is happening today. We don't know if all the trees are going or not. We sat outside with our grandson watching for a long time this morning ( it's a slow job but I can see that a lot of care has to be taken to avoid an accident.)  At one point DH remarked how intriguing it was to watch. M piped up "yes, grandad, it's in-tree-ging."



                                I managed to take a picture just as this log was falling.



One final photo NOT tree related. This chenille bunny was one of my little treasures that I found at a garage sale yesterday. Isn't she cute?

Thanks for visiting,


      Granny Marigold

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes trees can cause a lot of work and a mess such as in your gutters but I still find it sad when they are cut down. I love the chenille bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chenille bunny! And also think it fascinating to watch tree trimmers :-) I hope your gardens benefit from getting more light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is super sweet! And those trees are so tall. I hope the rest of the trimming went well!! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had some trees cut down a few years ago, it was fascinating to watch the men work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Bunny! Do you think you will miss the shade from those trees in the summer. Will it fully open your yard up to sunlight? Will you have to move some plants? We lost a lot of our summer shade on the driveway from the trees and branches that came down in last winter's ice storm. I have a hosta that is not happy.
    I'm glad it's not me paying the bill for those trees coming down, that is dangerous and expensive work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a lot more light coming in the bedroom skylight this morning. Not such a good thing in this heat but definitely great for our dull winters when we have nothing but cloud and rain. Sure could do with rain now though.
      Mostly the area in the back that will get more sun is where our DIL has planted Roses.

      Delete
  6. Your Grandsons comment made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching neighbors take trees down IS fascinating! We did that about 8 years ago -- some very large, tall, straight poplars. Then Adam decided after watching and chatting with the fellow that HE could also take down a big pine in our front yard and land it right where he wanted to. Gulp. Well, he did it, but I was scared! I hope this improves your situation and yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy watching trees get taken down too. Ken and I have taken quite a few of them down ourselves too!
    Seems like the trees gone is good and bad. Nice not to have the debris in your gutters but the shade they made must be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it amazing to watch someone take a tree down limb by limb and then finally start cutting it down? I can watch to a point, and then I start thinking the "what if's" and have to go inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. In-tree-ging .... how clever!

    I've never watched a tree being down like that, but I would certainly watch if given the opportunity.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's a lot of sawing! I hope it helps the house gutter problem! Great shot of the falling log, GM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tall trees becoming small, It would be a great job. We had a tree cut in our house which gave us lot of light to our house:)

    ReplyDelete