Monday 28 January 2019

Red Sky in the Morning...




The sky looked so pretty this morning. My DIL took these pictures on her way to take M to school.
The temperature was 7C (44F) and there was a light breeze.  We had a great walk!



The last of the neighbour's very tall trees were cut down over the weekend. Today a roofing crew is fixing the hole in his roof where one of the trees went down one windy day maybe 2 weeks ago or so.
I suppose there was no use fixing the hole until the last of the trees was gone.
Our yard should get a lot more sunshine now.



I hope your week is off to a great start!

Thanks for visiting,

G.M.

13 comments:

  1. Is it red sky in the morning, sailor's warning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the way it goes. I'm not sure why because we had a very nice day for January and the forecast for tomorrow is the same.

      Delete
  2. More sunshine will be nice, until it is hot in the summer ;-) We sure noticed the lack of shade this last summer, due to all the branches/trees that came down in the ice storm last winter. If I got myself to bed earlier, I might actually have been able to get up in time to see that beautiful sunrise this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad those trees are gone! You'll be safer now. Your morning cuppa looks yummy, GM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it is sad to see trees cut down, we had ours cut down a few years ago. A big limb just missed my daughters car, and the big tree was rotten inside and was only a matter of time. I do miss their shade of the evening...but I don't miss the worry.

    Love those sky shots your DIL took.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More sunshine! That sounds good, especially with that new house going in next door - did you say you might have less light because of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tall trees that were cut down are on the East side of our house. The new (big) house will be to the West, blocking the afternoon sun.

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful skies, glorious colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pink sky!! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what beautiful pictures of the sky! Your daughter-in-law does such wonderful photography. I'm glad that the last of those tall trees are down now. I'm guessing you are breathing a little easier now when the wind gets up. And it will be good to have more morning sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sky! Less shade will be nice for your plants! Nancy

    ReplyDelete