Wednesday 23 January 2019

This and That


Thank you, Mary (visits with Mary is her blog) for letting me know that January 23 is pie day. Real pie, not the 3.14 something kind of pi.  All I had for a filling was cherry so cherry pie it is.


We were running out of jam so DH made 3 little jars of nectarine and orange  with a good tablespoon of freshly grated ginger. That should be great on toast.


My tall son reached down all 18 cups and saucers from a high shelf in the dining room so I could wash them. He even wiped the shelf while he was at it. It really needed it as did the cups and saucers. Now they're all back up where they belong.



Two little treasures from the thrift store today. ( I had many boxes to drop off ).  A cute little pitcher...


     ....    and a pretty saucer for my collection. I did also buy a blanket for Bracken because they had a   good selection of "dog blankets" today. And a book and some magazines.


That was my day.  I feel like it was a productive one. Tomorrow I think I'll devote a couple of hours to putting my feet up and reading.

Thanks for visiting,

G.M.

12 comments:

  1. You did get a pie baked! It looks so good, wish I had a piece to go with my evening coffee. Isn't it nice when all the 'pretties' are washed and shiny? Back on their shelf for all to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie and the jam sound look delicious. Love your collection of cups and saucers, I collect a vintage china myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be nice to have a tall son to reach things for you. All your children sound nice. You find such pretty things at the the thrift shops. I have two boxes ready to drop off. I can't imagine having a husband who makes jelly. That must be nice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are definitely "feet-up" days and "get-it-done" days :) Cleaning and washing things on high shelves is very satisfying. I haven't done that in a while!! Very rainy and windy today, so I'm inside.Your pie looks amazing! Wish I could have a slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a joy to admire your beautiful collection. The pie looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness that pie looks delicious and the flavors in your DH's jam sound delightful. I love nectarines! I think you have earned a put your feet up and read session. Perhaps with a cup of tea and a slice of pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pie looks delicious! I haven't been to a thrift store in ages. I'm trying to declutter so I'm steering clear of them for the moment. You always find the best things! That little pitcher would be perfect for maple syrup when having pancakes or waffles for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy pie and how nice of your hubby to make the jam. So many pretty cups and saucers. How nice to get them all washed up! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed pie day too. Your cherry pie sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice son to wipe your shelf for you, plus the reaching the teacups for you. I love teacups like these but I do not have room to collect. However, I saw one at the thrift store and could not resist...they were taped, as if to stay together, but when I took the tape off, I discovered they were glued together, with the cup on its side. I was sooooo disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed pie day also! Yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete