Friday 8 November 2019

Morning Walk and Grocery Shopping

Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on my Doll House.  Maybe I'll do another post soon showing more of my miniatures.

Another pleasant morning, dry, no wind at all.  Lovely weather to walk in. Here are some of the pictures I took.





Can you spot Mr. and Mrs. Bufflehead in this photo? 


Sea Gulls lined up on a log.


 This tree is where the Eagles often sit. As luck would have it they were not there today ( and I had actually remembered my camera).






Friday is grocery shopping day ( first day that the sale prices come into effect).  Glaced fruit was 30% off so I stocked up.  I love  this shopping bag. Not only does it hold a LOT it's even reversible.
 ( Bought at a garage sale of course).



I treated myself to these Paperwhites, a bulb I've never tried growing outside let alone forcing indoors.  But as you can see in the next picture they had already sprouted so in 5 to 6 weeks they should be in full bloom.  Just in time for Christmas.




Thanks for coming by today. I hope you're having a good day.

GRANNY MARIGOLD


15 comments:

  1. Your paper whites will be so lovely and will scent your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful place for taking your walks. Reminds me of the lake I used to walk around before we moved out here.
    Yes, I did see the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Paperwhites and have bought them for others but never for myself. I may have to try to find some. They would sure be fun to watch grow. I keep thinking about making myself some bags, but then I use the plastic bags I get to line my little garbage cans. Anyway, I have tried to think how big I would want them...I would probably make them out of denim since I buy them on half price at Good Will...and I buy the biggest sizes...LOL But I have half a dozen things I should be working on right now, and do a bit here and there.

    I would love to have that pond within walking distance of me! There is just something about a pond that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place you have to walk! I was gifted some paper whites a couple of years ago. They were very easy to grow and they smell heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scenery for your walk. Is that fruit destined for fruit cake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so interesting to me to see the sights along the way on my blog friend's walks. Your walk around the lake looks especially pretty. I do see the ducks too. Not a duck we would see around here. I think you will find the paperwhites easy to grow and enjoyable to see as winter approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have a lovely place to walk. There were several ducks on our pond today, too. I hope they stay all winter. It would be such a nice surprise if the paper whites should be blooming for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures of your walk! Quite a few years ago now I replaced the glaced fruit with some good quality dried fruit. I do love a nice fruitcake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the Mr and Mrs. in the water. The huge pine is beautiful. The fruit will be good in some scones or muffins, maybe a cake? Phil/MN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you be making Christmas cake with your glace fruit? I have a weakness for glace cherries and love cooking with them (that is the real ones, not the 'plastic' ones that we often get in the shops here now).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always enjoy pictures from your walks, it's almost like walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have lovely weather ! No snow...is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a beautiful walk. I can't imagine seeing something besides woods everywhere I walk. :) I like your shopping bag, and what good buy on candied fruit. Makes me want a fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your nice words on my blog. It is good that we have different talents. You have the talent to share from your life to others :) I enjoy to read your blog very much. You have a beautiful area for your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could watch the ducks for hours I think! I also have glacé fruits stored in the freezer for certain recipes I like. :-)

    ReplyDelete