Saturday 30 November 2019

This and That

My Paperwhites are blooming. They're a little sparse but pretty, too bad they don't smell very good.
I was under the impression they smelled wonderful, but they don't. I don't really keep them on the stairs, it was just not possible to get a decent picture while they were in the window.


We were at the lumberyard this morning ( to buy a new smoke alarm) and I saw that these birdfeeders were half price ( apparently it was a Black Friday special. Who knew?)


I'm not sure if I already posted this picture of the teddy bears little corner of the dining room.
I got that garland that hangs over them at the thrift store. The various stars, people, etc are made of wood and they hang on a sturdy wire.

  This morning the grands came up to set up the nativity sets. This is the one M sets up every year. It's hard to see but he has to have his little joke and put something up that ladder. Last year I think it was baby Jesus; this year it's a cow.  This nativity set fits perfectly onto the treadle of my old sewing machine.


Miss C set hers up under the tree in the sunroom.  I think we're all done decorating now.


I got out some of my Christmas mugs which meant I had to put away as many of the day-to-day ones.
That's done.  I like to choose which mug I use and I think my guests do too.


This section of my cupboards has had the doors taken off for over a year now. I like being able to see my colourful dishes. Those Christmas cups and saucers stay out all year 'round.


Well, that's a peek into my day. It's also our wedding anniversary ( 56th).  We'll be having a lovely quiet meal here where we are the most comfortable.

Thanks for visiting today. 

GRANNY MARIGOLD


14 comments:

  1. The shelves look lovely with your collections on them.
    A very Happy Anniversary!!! Sometimes it is nice to just stay home and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you & hubby! Definitely worth celebrating! Your house looks very cozy and inviting with all your Christmas decor up. I must say I chuckled when I read that your paperwhites didn't smell that great - I too wonder what makes others think that they have a pleasant scent. I haven't taken my amaryllis bulbs out of storage yet as I will wait till the Christmas stuff gets put away after the holidays before I start them off again.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you two. Hope you had a lovely celebration! Hubby and I celebrated 51 years in September! Love your creches and your Christmas mugs too. Always fun to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy wedding anniversary to you both! I hope you enjoy your quiet celebration at home.
    Your china displays are so pretty - definitely something to have out on permanent show. They make me quite green with envy!
    The teddy bears are so cute, and your Nativity Sets add real meaning to your Christmas decorations. So many people seem to forget why we celebrate Christmas, and it is great to get the children involved that way. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house. I love seeing your collections on the open shelves. Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I like the display of your colorful cups and how your grands set up the creches, a fun way to involve them in the reason for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Your collection of china is beautiful! It is a nice tradition that your grandchildren set up the nativity sets. Your M sounds just like how my sons used to be :) Well, they can still do some funny jokes, even if they are grown up! How cute the teddy bears at Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 56th Anniversary! Yes, sometimes it's just nice to stay home. And I agree, if you have the lovely china, you should be able to see it easily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!!!! I love all your Christmas mugs, etc. They really are lovely to put out this time of year. What a great place the treadle is to set the Nativity set.

    Have you tried smelling the paper whites at different times of day....something I had only gave a scent at evening but I cannot remember what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated anniversary, fifty six years is quite an accomplishment! I love your bears tea party and your nativity sets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh those Christmas dishes are so beautiful!!! I love your home and all the interesting things! Happy anniversary! 56 years! wonderful! We are often home on our anniversary as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated Anniversary! I hope it was wonderful. You're getting me hooked on teacups! The teddy bears are so cute but if they were at my house, D2 would have them around the table with her dolls (in their nicest finery, of course). Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! 56 years is an amazing length of time. Marriage is not easy! Your mugs and cups look so welcoming. I'm glad your grandkids get to help decorate. That's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete