Saturday 2 November 2019

Quiet Saturday








It's been a quiet day here. The morning temperature was 1C and the high was 11. I ventured out to go walking ( my foot is much better now). There were two Eagles sitting high up on a bare tree. It would have been a good photo if I would have had my camera. Here's a picture from past years of those Eagles, taken by my DIL who is a much better photographer than I.



This night is the dreaded time change. We're told that Daylight Saving Time will soon be a thing of the past or maybe we'll stay permanently on it. Either way no more twice a year bother with turning clocks back or ahead not to mention adjusting oneself to the new time.

I haven't done much today apart from running the vacuum. Yesterday I baked my DH (dear husband) his favourite Oatmeal Raisin cookies also made a batch of fudge. The simple recipe that calls for a can of condensed milk and 3 cups of chocolate chips melted together. I made it in the microwave and it took next to no time at all. I'm set for whichever kids/grandkids come by.

That's about all that's on my mind today. I hope you had a good day!

Thanks for coming by,


Granny Marigold





13 comments:

  1. We did the time change recently, and now the evenings are dark and Wintry. I dont like it.
    What a wonderful photo of the eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure glad to hear you ankle is better and you were able to get out and walk.
    I had a pretty quite Saturday too. Nice having those days once in a while! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a wonderful photo you borrowed! LOL Glad your foot/ankle feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eagles look so majestic sitting up there.
    It always takes me a week or two to adjust to DST changes, especially when it comes to mealtimes! Sometimes it seems I just get used to it and then the time changes back again.
    Mmmmm, fudge! Must be about time I made some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make that fudge and it is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the time change and I see no purpose for it, so I would be very happy to see it disappear. I'm glad your foot is feeling better and you were able to get a walk in. Oatmeal raisin cookies... hmmmmmm... I just might need to bake today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know that your foot is feeling better. That would be so cool to see eagles on a walk. Have never seen them around here.
    My husband is changing clocks as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to hear your foot is better. Lovely picture of the eagles! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shot of the Bald Eagles, surely on of BC's emblematic images. They are no longer uncommon here in southern Ontario, but I look forward to their sheer abundance when I visit BC. We always go straight to Vancouver Island because one of my wife's sisters lives in Victoria, but next time I think I will try to spend some time on the mainland too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually remembered how to change the time on my car clock! I use the fudge recipe on the back of the marshmallow creme jar. Secret family recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like the time change either. Hope your foot is better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will be great to not have to change the clocks! Speaking of clocks...I have one in my sewing/craft room that plays a Christmas carol every hour(just the first line or two of it) so it keeps me inspired to work on things when I am in my room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrystal, I'm so glad you found my blog. Your Christmas carol playing clock sounds like something I'd enjoy too. I love Christmas!!
      It's no wonder our weather is similar since we live so close to the Washington border. Depending how far South you are we could practically be neighbours.

      Delete