Monday 6 December 2021

Another Snowy Day

 We were out the door before 7 o'clock on our walk in our snowy world. It's enough of a novelty that   we, who grew up on the prairies, feel almost nostalgic about snow. It won't stay long.  Our forecast reads " Snow changing to periods of rain mixed with wet snow this afternoon. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h this morning. High plus 2."
There's no other sound quite like the crunch of boots on a thick layer of it. When we came back I fed my rabbit and made sure her water wasn't frozen, then fed the birds, came in for hot coffee. Nothing like wrapping your cold hands around a hot mug of coffee .



 Besides doing some laundry I think I'll be looking through some past issues of Christmas magazines today.


 Blogger won't let me reply to any comments so I'll answer a question  here that Olde Dame Holly asked. Yes, the Japanese cups all seem to have that Mother-of-Pearly luster inside.
A few more Japanese made teacups to show you. This is # 42  (One of my favourites)



 

Thanks for coming by,  GM

 

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cup!!
    Keep the snow. It's 79° here...sunny.
    Hope your bunny survives. How often do you have to check the water so it doesn't freeze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful snowy pictures. Walking at that time probably meant that the snow looked pristine before too many footprints were made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something lovely about a snowfall, slow gentle flakes, the big fluffy kind falling gently to the earth, like fairy dust, all sparkly. We havn't any yet. I like anything which has the mother of pearl look. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you could bring the bunny inside. πŸ₯²

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of our snow went north. That's OK with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please stay, dear snow!! What a wonderworld full of purity and secrets.

    Yes, it's a grat feeling to put he cold hands around a hot cup of coffee or tea.

    Nice teacup again!

    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something special about walking in the snow. :)
    Warmed up here again. When I walked this morning it was 50 degrees F or 10 degrees C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your snow! I raised bunnies one winter they do fine in the snow and cold in a good hutch with some straw and good food:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The snow looks so pretty. It is rather warm in my neck of the woods today. With Florida weather we go from shorts, to rainboots to jackets...all in a three day time period! LOL! Happy week to you dear GM. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty cup and beautiful snow...but you can keep the snow there! :-) I can't believe we haven't had any yet. A couple of weeks ago I saw some flakes flying but they didn't even hit the ground. It's into December and nothing. And thats okay with me. I do miss walking in the snow. Last year I walked Chloe all of the time around the RV park. Here, it's all hills and I would be afraid to go for walks.
    Take care and enjoy the beautiful pristine snow.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We seldom have snow here, that's why it's so exciting when it does, especially for the kids. After a day or two it's all melted away. Love your teacups, I have a very small collection. It's hard not to love a pretty teacup. Enjoy the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, it was such a pretty world there this snowy morning. I love so much that you were out and about as it was still snowing. Thanks for the reminder that I need new boots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were supposed to get a little snow, but it went south of us. I am not upset...but know I would have been thrilled if it had come.

    Another beautiful teacup/saucer.

    ReplyDelete