Saturday 11 December 2021

Snowy Scenes

 

Setting aside Christmas decorations and baking I thought I'd post some of the amazing pictures taken by my DIL when we had all that snow on the 4th and 5th.  She and M took an early morning walk by the lake.


 



 The Eagles don't seem bothered by the snow. The water must be icy cold but the little Bufflehead  doesn't appear to mind either.


Common Mergansers are some of my favourite birds.



 I may have shown this little Japanese made tea set before.  Someone left it in the lobby of the building my son manages. People often leave things there for whoever might want them. When it's any china he brings it home to see if I'm interested. ( Usually I am!!)


 I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Thanks for coming by,  GM

13 comments:

  1. LOVE the first picture of the lake, beautiful and sure looks cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I love the eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures today! Thanks for sharing. And I LOVE that Tea set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous photos of the birds. I miss seeing the eagles soar over our lake in Washington. I haven't seen any since we moved here. How I miss the beauty of the mountains in the northwest. Each area has it's own beauty but we really grew to love it there. I so look forward to visiting again next year.
    Your tea set is so pretty. Each time I visit Japan or England I'm tempted to buy a teacup, (or set), but it's just so hard to get them home unbroken.
    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!
    I, being an avid birder, LOVE the eagle pictures. Looks like an icy paradise
    I posted hooded merganser son my bird blog in case you would like to view. (Used the link on my sidebar)
    The tea set is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blue and white world!! I LOVE the eagels in the snowy trees! And the ducks are water-ice-heroes!

    I'm shure, that you have baken beautiful cakes for Christmas. 🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟🌲🌟

    Nice Japanese pots you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter-in-law took some wonderful photos. I love them all. And mice teaset to just leave for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowy lake scenes are calendar-worthy! That first shot -- wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are really lovely pictures, I've never seen the Eagle in the wild. I'm glad you gave the name of the bird in the water, never saw one of them before either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo of the lake is just gorgeous. It would be beautiful in a frame.

    ReplyDelete