Tuesday 25 January 2022

More Fog and some Birds

 The fog is still hanging around. On the other side of this fence is a drop-off and then the lake, neither of which was visible when I was walking this morning. I had brought my camera because yesterday I didn't bring it and I saw 10 Swans on the lake. If they were there today I wouldn't know.

I did see an Eagle up in a tall tree quite close to the path and not far from that tree I saw another tree that had a flock of small birds that I didn't recognize. Surely they were not Warblers back from their winter homes and far too early. No insects around yet.

 


 Later...It's 2 PM now and the sun is trying very hard to brighten things up. I think I need to leave what I'm doing and go out and check if my Hellebores are forming buds yet.



Today's teacup  made by Paragon


 Thanks for coming by,  GM



14 comments:

  1. I hope the fog cleared and you were able to check out those hellebores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly a Wall of White. It reminds me of the "tule fog" of my childhood in the Central Valley of California. I get a stiff neck just remembering what it was like, trying to drive in that stuff, unconsciously craning one's neck trying to see if you were going to crash into a car hiding in it just ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foggy morning picture is beautiful. I like the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fog wants to hide everything and does not allow the sun to brighten up things by shining. But a shining heart is a victor over all fog: This is Granny Marigold!

    Precious teacup with shining Gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun shone here for the afternoon, and it was most welcome. The shape of your Paragon teacup is so pretty with the wide top and narrow bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that always the way it is? If you've got your camera there is nothing of significance to shoot and if you don't there is something amazing! Love the doily that your teacup is sitting on... did you make it? My grandmother and great aunts used to make doilies and tried to teach me but I never could get the hang of such tiny stitches. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t think hellebores do well here. At least I have never had any in my gardens. We seemed to have frightened a bald eagle today when we were walking the trail. It flew right in front of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty cup today. Dennis said that the fog and rain was pretty bad in Spokane all of last week too. Don't you thing that as frustrating as it can be, it is also very pretty?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautifully composed photo of the fog/fence line!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like fog, but also like it to clear up later on. I think it makes interesting photos.

    That teacup is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been in a fog a number of days now:( We are very cold but will warm up later today:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. After an appearance by the sun yesterday we are back to foggy grayness today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grey foggy days are hard beautiful teacup 🥰😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. And? Were your hellebores forming buds yet? Wow, an Eagle. That is very special. We never see them here.

    ReplyDelete