Monday 31 January 2022

Good Bye January

 

 


 I've turned the calendar page over to February. I must admit to being glad January is done. We're enjoying a rare sunny day and I had a lovely walk earlier. Lots of people must have had the same idea because the park was full of walkers.
Yesterday we went walking by Fishtrap Creek and were amazed to see some river otters. There were lots of different kinds of ducks too , including some that we were not able to identify.


So it's Monday and I'm doing the usual laundry. In between loads I've been putting away Winter decor.

The sideboard before.....


The old Singer sewing machine before...



 ...and after

These teacups are some of my saucerless ones. I might not leave them there for long but I didn't want to leave the sideboard bare.



 I noticed that the second picture had a bit of my 'new' mannequin. Here's what she looks like. My eldest daughter gave her to me and I haven't decided where I'll keep her.  DH doesn't care much for her so I might end up putting her outside, at least for Summer.


 

Today's teacup. When I took it down from the shelf and looked closely at it I saw that the cup and saucer don't match. The cup is Royal Grafton and the saucer Foley.  I wonder if I noticed that when I bought them (thrift store, of course). Oh well, they look okay to me.


 Thanks for coming by today. Please leave a comment so I know you were here.   GM

 


 

17 comments:

  1. Goodbye January - welcome February!!

    Time is running - -

    I LOVE the deer-decoration VERY much. All you decorations show a world full of dreams and fairytale and become true in your house.

    My husband also would say: Put the metal-model away! :) But you show it on a place where it fits nice. It has a story and fairytale, too - -

    The teacup and the saucer fit good, I would not have noticed, that they come from different families :)



    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to say goodbye to January too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, when January is gone, it's time to start putting away winter. Even though winter is certainly not done with us. Another winter storm is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice sunny day! I love your mannequin and think it would fit in great just about anywhere, inside or out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy February days to you! There is still a wee bit of winter decor up here. I like the changes you've made. Mismatched teacups and saucers can be so charming, and sometimes it's hard to tell they are not a set. It was nice to see the sun today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the weather seems a bit improved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your valentine display.....so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful mannequin. My Hubby would say the same as yours though, so she would live in my craft area. I love all of your decor. Your sewing machine winter scene is my favorite. I love old trucks and tractors. I'm ready for spring too but I think we have a few months left of winter around here. February 1. My birthday and a new year beginning.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the wire maneqiun. And I like your restyled rooms. Time to say goodbye to long cold winter days/nights. But!!!!...we are to get another arctic blast in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you decorate. I like that mannequin. The cip and saucer sure could have fooled me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased we are now through January and into a new month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is amazing that a month of the new year has already whizzed by! It is wonderful that you were able to enjoy a walk and to enjoy watching otters! They do not live in our area and I love to see them on nature shows. How lovely are your sideboard and old sewing machine. A great place to decorate with your lovely tea cups! Keep yourself warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy February GM. Love your mannequin. I have a smaller one in my little home office. I made her a little hat and she and I get along just fine. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes thank goodness we can kick January to the curb! Your teacups are cute stacked up like that; though I would be afraid they'd fall. How old is your singer? Do you know? I have an old one in my office at home, the top though isn't in good shape. My aunt must have put lots of water glasses on it through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have just reminded me to change my two wall calendars. I hardly ever look at them but there is just some old need in me to have them, and of course I get them free in the mail every year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jan sure came and went fast. We had some sun and it was a bit warmer too, I walked to town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love your new mannequin. I'm glad to say goodbye to say goodbye to January too. Your teacups are all so pretty and the set that doesn't match sure fooled me. It looks perfect together.

    ReplyDelete