Thursday 3 March 2022

Thursday Chit Chat

 

 I found a couple of items at the thrift store, things I will put outside as soon as it warms up a little. We do have some sunny days in our forecast and I'm sure hoping....


 When I saw this tall birdhouse I knew I had a great spot for it. It's hard to see but there's a little door near the bottom. I want to glue a tiny doorknob onto it before I put it outside ( under cover so it's protected from the weather).


 I saw these herb markers made with Scrabble letters on Pinterest. They would be so easy to make. Now to find old Scrabble games.


 
A couple of old magazine covers from years ago. I find them appealing.




Something you may find interesting. DH came home from Gleaners yesterday and said they had two 40' shipping containers ready to send along for the needy. This time the soup mix is going to Guatemala.


A teacup that I may have shown before. As I've said before, by now I can't  remember which I've shown. 


Thanks for coming by,  GM


19 comments:

  1. Love that bird house! I need to find some cute ones for Spring. Matter of fact, I need to clean my bird feeder out! I've sorta let it go over the holidays and just been lazy I guess! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute birdhouses. I've seen a picture of the garden stakes before too. I think you can buy just the scrabble letters online because the games seem to be hard to find.
    Good job for the gleaners. What a wonderful thing they are doing for others.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. you certainly do have fun finding treasures at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting and different birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that idea with the scrabble letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all your thrift finds!! Gosh, just the other day I tossed a Scrabble game away! Hope you find one. .. great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always manage to find such unique items! I do like the idea of re-using the scrabble tiles!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find such great things at the thrift store. I have some old Scrabble letters - the plant markers would be a good use for them. I wonder how they would hold out in the garden. Lovely tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tea cup and your thrifty finds are wonderful and so timely for Spring. Having a few pretty things hanging about the garden and outdoor seating areas just make for delightful little surprises. I think they show a bit of a light heart and a youthful soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that birdhouse! That is a lot if sohp mix!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the birdhouse you found....it's so pretty. I really enjoy looking through old magazines too. and that teacup is sure a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always find special things, and so you give them back their dignity.

    Many greetings to "DH" - GOOD WORK!!

    Hope yu'll get a lot of old scrabbles for creartive plant-markers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't care if the teacups repeat, because they are all so pretty and my memory is shot, anyway! I love your thrifting finds! I don't get as lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea for plant markers - I have saved that idea to my Things To Do One Day file :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such wonderful finds. I love the scrabble label idea! How wonderful that soup mix will go to Guatemala!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it fun to think of spring, and planting things, and birds and sunshine? We are well on our way here. Your new decor is lovely! Can't wait to see your back yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah for Gleaners making a difference. Great idea with the scrabble tiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the old magazines! There is such a charm with that old time. We still play our Scrabble game, so there will be no labels for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like the tall birdhouse.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete