Tuesday 6 September 2022

Chit Chat

 It's a sunny and warm day...feels like Fall.   25C (77F).   The cooler weather has made me eager to start on some household tasks which I couldn't get myself to do when it was hot. This morning I started with one of the jobs I was dreading the most. One drawer of my desk was crammed with miscellaneous papers ranging from medical information to old receipts and so much more. I sorted that out and would have finished completely but the shredder stopped working.  In any case that drawer is now only half full and I'm relieved to have done that.

 Went out and picked more zinnias to refresh my bouquet.

  

Over the weekend I changed the display on the drop leaf table in the sun room.
 


 Since this picture was taken I've brought in many more tomatoes and I thought I'd make tomato soup for supper. No recipe but surely it can't be that difficult to make. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, maybe celery.  A friend told me that last year I said I wouldn't bother with the black cherry tomatoes again. I wish wish I'd remembered because they're not tasty at all.  If they get red as they're supposed to when ripe, they tend to be mushy.


That's my day so far. I'm off to sit on the porch and enjoy the sunshine.

Thanks for coming by and thank you for your comments.


Granny M.


Added later.  Has anyone else had trouble when trying to publish a comment?   I seem to get this pop-up notice Whoops, an error has occurred.

17 comments:

  1. Funny how the cooler temperatures seem to give us a spurt of energy. I am waiting (somewhat impatiently) for our temps to go down. Zinnias make the cheeriest bouquets. I like your new display. It looks all ready for the coming fall season. Tomato soup sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new table display and you'll have to tell us how the soup turns out. :-) We spent the morning looking at a manufactured home in a park across the road from Mom. We're debating on moving to be closer to her and Mandy, but especially out of our neighorhood. Who knows what will happen?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These late summer days are going by too quickly. I think I need to make time to do a little basking in the more moderate sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're having some cool weather.
    It is always a good feeling to get a drawer cleaned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather guy is promising some fall-like temps by the weekend. No matter, I am already in the mood for cleaning inside and out. I love your table arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zinnias are such happy flowers. I'm enjoying bouquets of them inside. Tomato soup sounds delicious. Cleaning out desk drawers is a big job, and there is a feeling of satisfaction when it's done. Too bad the shredder stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love zinnias VERY much! They have wonderful,different colors!

    Ha ha , I had the same adventure like you, and I understand your anxiety !!! :) Our youngest son discovered some (MANY!) very old medicine for humans and for animals, we had to through away nearly all!! We brought the old medicine to the pharmacy to destroy it. No problem.

    We have black tomatoes, too. Very fine taste, when they become ripe (with red) !

    What about the cat-mother and the 5 babies??

    Many greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love roast tomato soup, tangy and warming. I've not tried the dark tomatoes, they do sound a bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did...cleaned my browser cache, rebooted, and now commenting like a charm. I do not like mushy, flavorless tomatoes. Your bouquet is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let us know how your tomato soup turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pleased to hear from you G.M. ...With Autumn there now the days will be cooler for you to enjoy. Were in the seventh day of Spring - still very cold at night after Sunset. Stay well there in Canada. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure your tomato soup will taste great! Yes I had a pop up window that said whoops one day but the comment published anyway...blogger...go figure:(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love tomato soup, not crazy about chicken soup. I always add some chopped up potatoes in my tomato soup and sometimes I just toss in whatever leftovers there are in the fridge. It just depends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tomatoes are looking great... and the soup is turning out wonderful. Yes!
    I like tomato soup... yes, and actually I like almost all soups :-)) I'll have broccoli today... happy greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So far have not had real trouble commenting but for a while I know a lot of people were. I am sorry you were disappointed with those tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have some black cherry tomatoes this year and every one has been sour. Another time a few years ago I tried a different variety of black cherry and they were also disappointing, so I'm giving up on them. My favorite Tomato Summer was when I had red, orange and green cherry tomatoes, all tasty, and I invented a cherry tomato salad. I don't think I'll ever have that kind of summer again, as I have lost my tomato luck!

    ReplyDelete