Saturday 3 September 2022

Saturday Trivia

 The day is going by way too quickly again. It's actually nice and cool at  24C  (75F). Perfect for getting things done but also perfect for sitting on the porch which I what I'm hoping to do in a short while.

I didn't mean for this first picture to be included but since it is I'll explain that I removed all the things that were on the sideboard and got out my autumn arrangement. Decorating has begun

I did some baking for the weekend including a cheesecake and 2 loaves of bread. I did one in a pan and the other is sort of free form.



I wanted to explain a little about the Hydrangea stump in yesterday's post. That Hydrangea began as a twig from one that still grows in our front garden. DH rooted the twig then grew it as a tree with one trunk instead of a bush like the front one.   You can see how big they grow. (This is a Pee Gee Hydrangea). Very soon I will ask youngest son to do some cutting back on this one so walking to the parking area is less crowded. I doubt the back one will regrow.



 About the movie that was being filmed, I haven't heard if it's going to be a Hallmark Christmas one or not but our town has been used for those in the past. There's a very nice old part of town with old fashioned store fronts.

That's it for today. I hope your day is/was a good one.  Granny M

11 comments:

  1. I like the Autumn season, nice to decorate the home appropriately.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hydrangea stump is probably a goner, but yout big PeeGee byt the gate is a beauty. Prune it carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your free form bread and will give that a try next time I bake bread.
    Your beautiful day is pretty much like our whole summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine day, this saturday. You share some lovely pictures from a chill day...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread looks good enough to eat! I do miss baking and cooking more. My back just doesn't let me stand at the counter and work for more than a few minutes at a time anymore. That hydrangea is huge! I hope you get it cut back exactly as you want it. I was wondering if the movie was Hallmark or not. How interesting it would be to see family buildings as you watch TV movies this Christmas. I guess you will have a big surprise. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you got to sit out on your porch for a while. I can imagine sitting there in peace, smelling all those lovely hot bread smells :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter, Hallmark or not, how exciting to have a"movie set"so close by. Mmmm, warm bread and butter!! Yes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woukdclovevto.have a piece if that bread hot from the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its wonderful that you can enjoy sitting out on your porch. So interesting about the movie being filmed! Oh that bread looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that bread looks great! Cheesecake is so yummy! I love seasonal decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello sweet GM! That bread looks scrumptious! I'm excited that you've started decorating for fall! xo

    ReplyDelete