Wednesday 10 October 2018

Mostly Teacups again


I'm having to remind myself to take pictures of my daily teacups. This pretty pink one was Monday's choice and was made by Colclough.



When I reached into the cupboard to take down Tuesday's cup and saucer I realized that they didn't make a set at all!  One peek underneath and I saw that although the cup is Royal Albert the saucer is not! I don't know why I put them together. I thought I had seen a matching saucer and after searching I found it... glued to a candlestick!


I remember that I found 3 different saucers-on-candlesticks at the thrift store, marked down because no one knew what to do with them I suppose. I've never figured out a way to use them either but I find them cute. Maybe at Christmas I'll put chocolates on them and put them on the sideboard? 



                  Today's tea cup has one single word underneath and it is Japan.
                  The cup is pretty but my tea cooled off way too quickly in it .



One last picture, one that is not about tea cups.  Our sunroom has a high vaulted ceiling and in the peak there are shelves where my little houses sit all year round as well as my old camera collection.  It's way too high up for me to ever dust up there so you can imagine...
That's my 6' son on the top step of a tall stepladder changing some of the little lightbulbs that  were out. He replaced the ones I had with LEDs  so hopefully he won't have to repeat that task too often.
( I didn't push my luck and ask him to dust up there while he was up anyway. )


                Thanks for once again coming by.

                         Granny Marigold


5 comments:

  1. I like the posing of pretty teacups on botanical books. Very complementary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet son . . . he loves his Mama :) Your blog is always such a special place to visit. Those little sauces on candle sticks are adorable and would be great for little holiday treats. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Here's my reply: That hanger was a gift from a dear sweet friend. She was in an antique store and saw them and bought her and I each one. She's the sister I always wished for . . . a heart of gold. It's true the little things scattered about our home tells our story . . . if you have these things you can look back at them and remember how blessed you are. I am blessed . . . and I can tell my your home and your loving son that you are, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very kind and helpful son :) What fun stuff going on with saucers! I really like the saucer that you used under the cup, with all the flowers (haha - don't they all have lotsa flowers?) And have you ever had this problem: you want a cup of tea, but the nibbles/snack you want to go with it is too big for the saucer? But you don't want to carry a second plate? Well, your saucer on a candlestick is perfect! It can sit on a salad plate with all the snack food, raising your cup above it all :)
    That first set though, reminds me so much of my childhood, of the style of things in my grandmother's house. I'm not wild about the whole pattern exactly, but that background pink just evokes those years gone by and makes my heart yearn for it a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would do without our family to help? Loved the saucers on the candlesticks, great to give height on a buffet table for smaller items. Once again beautiful cups/saucers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see all the different teacups you have! You've inspired me to take out some of my teacups and enjoy a hot cup of tea in a different one each day especially now that our weather has been so chilly with all the wet snow we've gotten.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete