Thursday 4 August 2022

Thrifty Treasures

 

 Yes, I've been browsing in the thrift store again and finding pretty things to put around my home and enjoy.  This lantern has since been placed in a window with a small plant in it.  I'm not sure if that's what I want to do with it but for now it's fine.

It was love at first sight when I spied this sweet little pitcher and the price was so low I couldn't  resist putting it into my basket.  Same thing with the lovely cup that had a tiny chip and no saucer.  The rose inside the cup is adorable.
 



This quilted table topper and metal pitcher are from a previous trip but I don't think I've shown it yet.

I have one more treasure to show but I think I'll post about that one next time.  I'm still trying to post every second day. So far I've been fairly successful.

A warm welcome to Robin from P'ville  who visited and left a sweet comment.  If you care to share I'd just love to know where P'ville is located.

Another lovely comment was left by an anonymous person who I'd love to get to know a bit about as well. Please don't be shy.
Another unknown comment from someone who  loves my new header and mug rugs. Thank you for your comment.    Sitting down with a cuppa and reading all the kind comments is like having a wonderful visit with all of you without leaving my house. 


GRANNY M



14 comments:

  1. That pitcher on the table runner is metal?!! Pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely rose. So pretty inside the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Thrift Store people love you, and you love the Thrift Store! That quilted table topper is the kind of project I like to do, I'm hoping things like that will keep me occupied what fall and winter arrive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Granny M - P'ville is short for Placerville, CA -- Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have quite the cup and saucer collection by now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find such wonderful treasures! I went to the thrift store on Tuesday and got some books. Nothing exciting but the grands will enjoy the ones I found for them I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granny, I sure love seeing all the sweet and unique things that you pick up at the thrift shop! That has to be one unique store, because it seems like you find something wonderful almost every time you go there! Probably a good thing that it isn't located near me! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find the sweetest things when you go thrifting. The first pitcher is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That metal pitcher is a real keeper! You find the best stuff! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely little picture but all are great finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds on this trip, love the lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lantern looks cute. The porcelain ware looks delicate

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is such a delight to read friendly comments on the blog (or youtube)! We ladies who spend most of our time at home do appreciate that. The lovely metal pitcher is so sweet! You do a good job of decorating, GM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You to find the best things at your thrift store.

    ReplyDelete