Thursday 25 April 2024

Chit Chat

 

It's a rainy day (in a rainy week) so I'll be doing some baking later today. The rhubarb cake is gone and there's a need for some sweets :)
Connie mentioned in her comment that she'd like the recipe.  If you google Oma's Rhubarb Cake it's almost identical to the recipe I have except 3/4 cup of rhubarb was not enough.


Did anyone else have trouble with the Wordle today? I had to message Sheila for the first letter then I was able to get it in 3 tries. I know, it's cheating.  But I was stuck.

 

Miss Kitty has not had a good week. We were not able to get the exact flavour of her favourite cat food. Right brand, but wrong flavour. She was not impressed. It's taking her a while to get used to this new food. I contrast her fussiness with the dogs we've had in the past ( Black Lab and a Shepherd/Rottweiler cross) who would eat absolutely any thing edible. And sometimes not so edible. 

Obviously this picture of her is from a few months ago. The snow is a dead giveaway.


Hope your day is full of sunshine!

Thanks for visiting.

12 comments:

  1. we are getting much needed rain here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O I know the special feeling of a cat, when the flavor of the food is not exact HER plan! You are not the only one, with this problem dear nice Kitty!
    Her coat has a very nice painting, VERY nice! I can imagine, that my granddaughter Lena would be impressed for new pictures of a black-white cat! :)
    We have some snow in several regions of Germany! The April was first very warm and the very cold. Nature has to jump from one extreme to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the last of my rhubarb and I am waiting for this years to grow.
    Ohhh Poor kitty not getting her favorite food I can relate lol.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry she's having a rough go. Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did have sunshine and I was glad for it. I think rain is supposed to move in tomorrow. Which I dread. Our Copper will eat just about everything but his food. There is a long story with that but I won't put it here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rhubarb cake looks tempting!
    With so much variety now available in food and all products in supermarkets, we spend a lot of our time choosing and finding what we want.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rhubarb cake sounds great! Poor kitty.....I hope she eats something! Take good care Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not check my rhubarb yet, but will do this weekend to bake an apple and rhubarb crumble. We are having a lot of rain here. Our dog only likes one brand of food too. I wish you a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always buy two bags of the dog food...just in case they are out next time I'm at the store.
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean with the difference between cats and dogs. However, our cat George would eat anything if it came out of a can. He loved green beans!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rhubarb cake sounds amazing, my rhubarb is close to being ready. Cats sure don't like change, of any kind, but especially with food!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom's cat is a picky eater as well, one brand, grilled never pate! Lol! Both my son and my mom love rhubarb. I will have to check out your recipe.

    ReplyDelete