Wednesday 4 November 2015

Baking and more

The day started out cool ( 5 C or 40 F ) and didn't really get much warmer. Perfect day to bake. I had seen a recipe on-line for a Pumpkin loaf with a layer of cream cheese in it so I tried it.  The recipe called for a 5X9 loaf pan. If I make it again I'd use my 4X8 so the loaf would be a bit higher. Otherwise I think it will be good. It's still too warm to cut so I won't find out until later tonight.
It only called for a cup of pumpkin and half the package of cream cheese but I will have no trouble using the remainder of both those.



When I went to the library I picked up these two books to read to the little man. I was pretty sure he would love the Llama Llama book but I did not realize he was going to love Fuddles. Fuddles is a spoiled and pampered cat that gets into trouble. Don't know how many times I've read it to him and he to me. He sure is reading well when I think that he's only been in grade one since September.  He and his sister are both in French Immersion and fortunately both enjoy learning to speak a second language.


Both my Thanksgiving/Christmas cactus are blooming. I used to know which was which. It had something to do with the shape of the leaves. Considering that I pay very little attention to them they sure are full of buds.


That was my Wednesday.  I'd love to know how you spent your day.

Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. That pumpkin loaf looks delicious! Hope it was! I spent my day working, but got a phone call from son Josh asking for prayer for a job interview. Then a text from son Jordan saying that he's coming up to visit first week in December! It's about a 1,000 mile journey and I haven't seen him in two years. So it will be a good early Christmas present for me and his little sister. :) Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Lovely Christmas cactus! I would love to have one. Maybe someday. I don't have a very good place for many plants in the house. That pumpkin bread does sound delicious! I think I would use the leftovers to make a second one! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the hairdresser and had almost 13 inches of hair chopped off, I knitted some on a hat for my grandson, grilled steaks on the grill probably for the last time, updated my gramma blog, chatted with my daughter in law about our grandson's birthday dinner, wrote some thank you cards. Whew... my Christmas cactus hasn't budded yet, yours are pretty, that pumpkin bread looks and sounds good. It was really warm here to day.. mid 50s. Still waiting for fall to really make its presence known!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cactus looks very healthy! I'm hopeless with indoor plants. I just have one aloe vera that gets watered about once a year.
    Well the dogs were walked twice, like most days. Puttered at this and that. Raked leaves up and spread them between the raspberries. Much more of that to do, but the part I did looks nice and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cactus looks very healthy! I'm hopeless with indoor plants. I just have one aloe vera that gets watered about once a year.
    Well the dogs were walked twice, like most days. Puttered at this and that. Raked leaves up and spread them between the raspberries. Much more of that to do, but the part I did looks nice and tidy.
    I don't know if you use pectin, but Superstore has had their canning stuff on sale. Many of the jars are gone, but there was still pectin when I was there last $.74 for the boxes and $.94 for the liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cactus's look very healthy. Mine is just starting to get buds on it now.
    I imagine your pumpkin loaf was delicious!

    ReplyDelete