Friday 11 May 2018

A Garden Journal


The Spring Clematis is blooming as it faithfully does every May. This year another Clematis which has never grown much has decided to try to take over the trellis they share. That one has pure white flowers and blooms in Summer.  In the background you can see the very tall old Lilac.



 Marilyn@Mountaintop Spice showed her lovely garden journal in her last post and she inspired me to make my own. I have 2 very full binders with all kinds of notes and garden information but what I really need to do is keep an organized account of what I plant/seeds I sow when and whether they did well etc. Also I want to include photos so I have the date stamp back on my pictures. That seems to be the only way I can remember when a pic was taken.

I covered a rather unattractive notebook with scrapbooking paper and stuck a couple of stickers on.
I did the inside of the cover and a first page. Now I need to be faithful to write things down!





Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely Saturday and a very Happy Mother's Day!!

                               Granny Marigold



6 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty! We don't have any flowers yet but the hostas and lilies are returning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A garden journal sounds like a lovely idea. Perhaps I'll do that next year at the new house.
    Such a pretty picture and I like the tea cups. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Your journal is a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that your Clematis is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something that I would like to start once I get going establishing a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend gave me a "farm" wall calendar in January, and I've been using that to keep short notes on things I plant and other important dates on the farm. But a journal is better. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete