Thursday 31 May 2018

End of May Flowers



This time of the year the flowers are at their loveliest. My  Oriental Poppies in the front garden are salmon-coloured. In this photo they look more red than they actually are.


                                  These in the back yard are my red ones.


Iris and Foxgloves are in bloom while the Clematis and Honeysuckle growing on the trellis are huge!
You can just see a few of the first red Honeysuckle blooms ( which a Hummingbird has already visited).

            I tried my hand at making a few glass flowers. Can you spot the two in this picture?

          
          Peonies bloom for such a short time so every year I bring in bouquets to enjoy close-up.
 


Our weather has turned cool and mostly cloudy again, I find I wear a cardigan for most of the day
( and put an extra blanket on the bed at night).  Hopefully June will bring more sunshine and the first local strawberries.

Thanks for stopping by.

        Granny M.

12 comments:

  1. I used to have oriental poppies, one clump, but it has been long gone, probably overwhelmed by the weeds. My Iris, the big bearded ones, just flop on their sides, I'm kind of fed up with them, as I don't want something that requires staking. And my poor foxgloves, well between son (a couple of years ago) and hubby, they have been weedeated off once again. Grrrrr. Larry stopped half way through one, realizing it was something to be saved, but I don't think it is going to make it. Yours look lovely. I am actually loving this weather, so much easier to work outside. We need some rain though, maybe tomorrow night we will actually get some of that moisture that has been in the forecast all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first bright orange oriental poppies popped this morning. Such a happy color! Yes, as May transitions into June waves of flowers abound. Yours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Your peonies are gorgeous. I do love spring for all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are all beautiful! I especially love the Oriental Poppies and the Peonies. You did a great job with the glass flowers. They blend right in with the real ones. I've never made glass flowers but I see many people around blogland that make them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is just beautiful, my friend. And those peonies are just gorgeous! I want to bring some in before they are gone. I love that yellow iris of yours! I've not seen one that color before...and your glass flowers are very nice. One is easy to spot, but the second one took a bit of looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peonies, what an amazingly beautiful flower AND scent. Thanks for sharing all this beauty. Hope you have a nice weekend. Looks like the rain is finally going to fall here on Vancouver Island. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your garden looks beautiful. Such lovely flowers. Happy June wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are lovely! Very little is in bloom here so I love seeing other people's flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I noticed your yellow glass flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, that is a lot of flowery exuberance!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those peonies are so pretty. I, too, noticed your glass flowers. How did you make those? Chris

    ReplyDelete