Saturday 12 May 2018

Corn Bread


I've never bought a Pioneer Woman magazine because I thought her recipes would be complicated and I'm not one to attempt any such. We went to a few garage sales this morning and I found a little stack of magazines marked at a dime each so of course I bought them. Later, sitting on the porch swing I had a look at this one and found I really liked what I saw.  There's a lot more in it than just recipes but one recipe I wanted to make right away was Corn Bread.


     Here's the magazine page showing the Corn Bread....


... and here's mine! I'm amazed how easy it was and how good it tastes.  Being me I had to change the recipe a bit. I added grated cheese and also some chopped hot peppers. The peppers were from an experiment I did last week. I had seen on some blog ( I can't remember whose)  someone had made pickled peppers that didn't require any processing  and that were ready in a very short time. 
 


We had another sunny day ( we don't take those for granted around here). I got some much needed weeding done. With the sunshine the hoed weeds were soon dead.

Thanks for visiting.  Please leave a comment so I know you were here.

  Granny Marigold

11 comments:

  1. I add grated cheddar cheese to my cornbread too. My recipe is on the box of Albers Corn Meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cornbread sure looks good! I grew up on cornbread - both my mother and dad could make it without measuring anything they had made it so much. I still make it once in awhile but I have to use the recipe. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious, something that I have never tried to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cornbread is one of my favorite foods. Your's looks even better than the picture on the magazine. I am not a good cornbread maker, but we do have it often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the cornbread. It looks just like the picture. I like corn bread but mine never taste as good as other peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made cornbread in my cast iron pan, but I'm definitely going to try it, with your changes.
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Your cornbread looks exactly like the picture from Ree's magazine! Great job, You! I love her recipes! Very seldom do I have to buy anything "special" in order to do one of her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd sure snap up a couple of those magazines for a dime! Magazines are so expensive these days! I have a cornbread recipe that my step-dad gave me. I still need to try that one. He makes great cornbread! Enjoy your weather. I actually got outside and walked and planted my container flowers. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! I usually use Famous Dave's Corn Bread mix. I do have a recipe someplace that calls for mayonaise and you make the batter up the day before you bake it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find - I don't seem to find any great magazines at thrift stores or garage sales. Are you familiar with Ree's children's books? They are quite popular at our school.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete