Sunday 6 May 2018

Birds and a Reply

Saw this gorgeous male Bullock's Oriole om my morning walk. Isn't he lovely?  He didn't stay long enough for a picture but these pics from the internet show him in all his Spring finery!



This goose family was quite obliging when I was taking their picture although papa goose kept his eye on me and I think he was warning me not to get too close.



Recently Bonnie left a comment  asking about my scones and if they were hard to make. She also asked if I'd share my recipe. I would if I actually had one but I always use my biscuit recipe and add other ingredients according to my whims so I would recommend going on-line and looking for recipes because they're all more or less the same and some even have a little video.  Just add whatever fruit you want and you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Some of you leave a reply to almost all your comments and I think that's a great idea. However I would find that would take more time than I want to spend at my computer. It's not that I don't read and appreciate each and every comment, because I do look forward to them.

It's a sunshiny Sunday here. I hope you're enjoying your day whatever the weather.

Granny Marigold

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your response, I appreciate it! I never thought about scones being similar to biscuits but then, as I said, I have never eaten them. I think it is time for me to give them a try!

    I don't have a blog but I can imagine it would be difficult to respond to every comment and I don't expect that from blogs I read. I do follow quite a few blogs and I think each person that writes one has their own style and that includes in responding or not to comments. I just appreciate all the wonderful blogs that so many write and their willingness to share with others.

    I love your pictures today. I saw a couple of Orioles at our hummingbird feeder the other day. They were so pretty. We have a lot of geese around here but for some reason I don't see many babies. I must not be looking in the right place.

    Thanks again for your response! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the birds building nests and watching over their babies. That's one of the many joys of Spring :)
    Have a sweet day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite a sighting of the Oriole! I remember running, well not around Mill Lake but in the Fishtrap creek area, and Luna was out front on leash, and a big Canada goose gander looked like he was going to attack her. Too close to the nest for his liking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute family of geese.
    I just reply in comments to a direct question. I don't think most people go back to read the replies anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I respond only to questions! I visit other bloggers and do not expect a reply:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a joy to see the little family of geese. I am afraid I only respond to specific questions it is the best that I can do in the time I have for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those baby geese crossing the road are the cutest things! Look at their long legs. I worry all the time about whether or not to reply to comments. I'm still trying to at least reply to those who don't have a blog, but visit and leave comments, because I can visit with those who have blogs. I worry about everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, I love watching birds. I very seldom reply to my comments unless a question is ask. I love the comments and the people who leave them but I don't think anyone expects a reply unless a question is asked.

    ReplyDelete