Friday 4 May 2018

More Plants!!!


At the end of last Summer I vowed to have less plants in pots this year.  Seems I didn't take that vow very seriously because I have more plants in pots than ever.  Here are the ones that I couldn't resist this morning.


I have never tried to grow a Hart's Tongue fern. I hope I won't kill it. I really like its different fronds.


              There was no regular Lavender to be found so I settled for French Lavender which has                         those  very different flowers and  doesn't really look like Lavender to me.
            . Smells like it though.


This fern apparently grows quite large so I will transplant it into a large pot to give it lots of room to grow.

              This Christmas fern can be ( and will be) grown as a houseplant.
              I have the perfect fern stand made by my BIL.


         I'm trying to make this covered area behind the house look pretty with various potted plants.




After transplanting most of them I came in and had a cup of tea and a sit-down.  Apart from warming up leftovers for supper I'm about done for today.
Thanks for visiting . I hope you had a good day too.


Granny Marigold




15 comments:

  1. I love pot plants, your look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lot of new plants! Gardeners just cannot resist. We seem to forget over winter! I posted the name of the lily in answer to your comment on my blog. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of plants and planting going on here too.
    I like all of your ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had several French lavender bushes over the years and what I like about them is that they bloom over a longer period, so I can go out and find a few flowers to add to a little bouquet. But they tend to grow into an ungainly bush here where they never freeze back, and when my husband removed the last one for me it was a major excavation project.

    I needed to replace a couple of my lavender bushes this spring and one 4" plant I bought was called Grayform Lavender. Since I had got on the topic of lavender because of your post, and because I was thinking that your lavender's leaves looked similar, I looked it up just now and discovered that I have bought a French lavender!

    "Grayform" is the same as Lavandula dentata which is French lavender. I don't think it is going to work where I stuck it in, in a row of English lavenders.... I will move it somewhere, and buy another form of English. I'm so glad you helped me out with this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny Marigold, I think what you want to look for is Hemerocallis hybrid day lily. Pewter Pink is just the color, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. However do you keep up with watering all your pots? I find it a tedious task though I do love the color and contrast they provide. What is the name of the plant that is on the bottom right of the photo of your new fern that you say will need to be planted in a large pot?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to go outside in the cool evenings and see which pots need watering. I don't know the name of the plant you mention but I think it's a succulent. I grow it in a box with other succulents and treat it as one It's easy to grow and propagate.

      Delete
  7. A lovely lush looking selection of plants, I would like to get some ferns myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a great fan of container gardening, all your pots look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Note to self 'be more like Granny Marigold' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! That's a lot of plants! Don't work TOO hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is much work watering and transplanting! Looking good:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice selection of plants you have there. A nice cuppa and a sit down sounds good after all your work. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't have too many pots. They all look healthy. I'm having that problem with my basement geraniums that I keep down there over winter, but after I bring them up, I know why I do it. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  14. Potting or re-potting all those plants is a lot of work! They look very happy in their new home :) You have some lovely hostas there!

    ReplyDelete