Saturday 19 May 2018

Tea Cups

If you are not particularly interested in tea cups please don't feel you need to read any further because that's my post today. My older daughter and youngest son gave me 7 lovely tea cups ( and saucers) for Mothers Day. The large cloche was a gift from my other daughter. Isn't it huge? Any suggestions what I could put in it?







This morning we went to a few garage sales. At one of them there was a lot of china and I chose 4 tea cups ( no saucers)  and another tea cup that still had its saucer.



I thought I might already have this beauty (I don't) but for three dollars I didn't hesitate. It's made by Royal Grafton.

I hope you're enjoying a pleasant weekend.

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment ( even a short one is fine) so I'll know you were here.


Granny Marigold

7 comments:

  1. A wonderful collection of cups/saucers. Do you use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new red teacup and saucer! You have such a nice collection... I have a very small teacup collection... three to be exact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just amazed at the beautiful teacups you keep finding. Will you have room to display them with the others? All these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for a tea party!! :) Truly, you could ask over all your friends and each lady could have a unique cup. What sweet gifts! As for the cloche, if you don't plan to use it for decoration (like with lace or ribbons or flowers inside), then I'd use it for its true purpose -- put a plant inside that needs lots of humidity and would enjoy that mini-greenhouse feel. Or you could design a mini-terrarium inside it, in a shallow dish with some soil. I bet the grands would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tea cups are just beautiful...both the ones your family gave you and the ones you purchased yourself. As you know, I love tea cups! I'm sending along a link to some ideas for cloches. These aren't particularly huge, but I know I've also seen a really large one on this same blog. When I find it, I'll send you the link to it.
    https://myfivemen.blogspot.com/search?q=cloches

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last teacup DOES look very similar to one you already have! I don't know how you keep them all straight :)
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete