Sunday 5 August 2018

Disturbing Events








Our neighbourhood is not peaceful today. There was a shooting at a house very near to ours, in fact just across the street and one house over. It happened at 11:30 and although my son and family heard the shots DH and I are in the back of the house and heard nothing.  The family that lives in the targeted house had a grown son and daughter and it was the son that was shot and killed and a cousin, also a young man, was also shot and is in hospital in critical condition.  I suppose in the next days and weeks we'll find out what the motivation was, meanwhile my heart is sad for this family whose only son is now dead.

Meanwhile life goes on. It's a lovely summer day and later we're going over to youngest son's place.
He and his brother worked hard yesterday to clean the gutters then dig out the plants I wanted gone. As soon as the weather cools again I'll divide my Astilbes and put in a nice row where the Hostas were.
 Did I mention that we were given a large box of peaches? They're almost all ripe and we cut up and froze 8 freezer bags. Have given some away and will probably give more. We have enough for our own use now. 

Thanks for visiting today,

       Granny Marigold

7 comments:

  1. Hi
    Oh so sad for your neighbors.:(
    I liked your message of a good week above,
    glad you came by too.Just not getting in here so much,,winter I do more ..lol
    yes dry up here wish it would rain !!
    We use our donestic water,no irrigation water up here.darn..but our lawn is green,happy about that
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness my heart goes out to all those affected by this terrible act. But, as you say life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sad, we had something similar happen in our area some years ago. Our bedroom is in the back of the house and we never heard a thing. I see a lot of good things being made with those peaches, yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is awful. So sad for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, GM!! That must be terrifying, to have it so close to home. I'm so sorry for the family.

    Last year I made peach preserves from some peaches from my brother's farm, and they were SO good. Have you tried peach preserves?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sad. It seems things like that are happening every day now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad. My heart aches for that family. When did we get to a place in our society that shooting someone is a resolution to a conflict? So sad. What are you going to do with your peaches?

    ReplyDelete