Monday 27 August 2018

Tuesday Teacups...and more


These are the last of the birthday teacups. This first one is neither pink nor lilac but somewhere in between. The outside is quite plain but there is a charming little bunch of flowers inside the cup.
It was made by Royal Grafton


         This pretty little teacup is a pattern called Moss Rose and it was made by Roslyn.


This rather fancy one was made by  Shafford  which in spite of its English-sounding  name was produced in Japan.


These plates I found at the thrift store and paid $2 for the set. The pattern is Vintage Garden ,
made by Princess House. I think my morning toast tastes better when served on one of these beauties.



Just to include something other than my beloved china here are a couple of pictures from our Sunday morning walk. We walked in a very light rain and the air was so wonderful to breathe after all the smoky air we've had for the past while.



                 Can you guess whose birthday it is today?


Of course you will have recognized Tasha Tudor.
 Born August 28, 1915.  She was born Starling Burgess but later legally changed her name.
She illustrated nearly a hundred books in her lifetime.
Although she is well known for her illustrations I think many people are more impressed by how she lived her old-fashioned style life.
Are you a Tasha Tudor fan?




Thanks for visiting today,

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment so I know you were here.

Granny M.

16 comments:

  1. That first cup is charming in its simplicity and only the tea drinker really enjoys the flower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE Tasha Tudor fan. About 15 years ago I was collecting her books and have about 30 of them. LOVE her books, her paintings, her life, her stories. From afar, it looks romantic and simple, but I think living that way is extremely hard work, and one must love work to do it. Happy birthday to TT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I watched my Mom manage with no running water although at least we had electricity after we moved when I was 6. We have so many work saving appliances and yet I'm forever hearing women say how they have no free time.

      Delete
  3. I've often seen Tasha Tudor's name in other blogging posts, so I'm just learning about here. Intriguing individual!

    Here we go again! I spotted those exact 4 plates at our Antique Mall the other day. Definitely not priced as well as yours. I almost bought them but got distracted by the 2 items I did buy (photos later).

    Moss Rose is my favorite pattern. I have just a couple of tea cups and a cream and sugar set. I'd LOVE to find the matching tea pot one day. One day!

    Hope your day goes well. Pouring rain here - a welcome change from our hot, smoky days.

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite something that you also found ( but didn't buy) those pretty Botanical plates.

      I hope you find more pieces of Moss Rose especially the tea pot.

      Delete
  4. Your teacups are so pretty, something nice to enjoy. You have a beautiful place to walk, loved looking at that path!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teacups are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the first two tea cups and the pretty plates. You must have a tea cup for every day of the year now! I have 3 or 4 of Tasha Tudor books. Interesting lady don't you think. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, clean air was a blessing. Today it reached 82, but with clear air and BLUE sky!
    I have a Tasha Tudor garden book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrystalchapin in Washington28 August 2018 at 20:32

    I love Tasha Tudor...love her history...her life...everything about her! It sure is nice to have fresh,clean air again....feel so bad for those who live near the fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrystal, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Please come by often!

      Delete
  9. Leave it to me to see Tuesday's teacups on Wednesday! :) You do have the prettiest teacups I've ever seen, and so many! Oh I Love Tasha Tudor and wanted to live exactly as she did. Of course, that's nearly impossible when you have a TV and all the modern conveniences, and a husband to care for. :) I still look at her books and dream though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The teacups are beautiful...and the sweet plates are so so lovely! You find the nicest things at your thrift stores.

    And dear Tasha Tudor. I have always loved her...thank you for the reminder that it was her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I love Tasha Tudor! How lovely are your cups and plates! And what a lovely area you live in! It all looks so peaceful to take a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Tasha Tudor! I have a Tasha Tudor in the Garden book that I just treasure! Granny, can you check my latest blog post? I tried to replace the photo of the birds. They have appeared for me the whole time, so not sure if I corrected the problem.

    ReplyDelete