Thursday 2 August 2018

Sweet Peas and Lavender



My Sweet Peas have continued to bloom in spite of the heat we've had but then, I have been watering them faithfully. Although  I sowed white ones, a few very pale pink ones somehow appeared.
Thankfully we awoke to cloudy skies and much cooler temperatures today. I plan on taking advantage of the coolness to get a lot done.


I harvested some of the Lavender from the "hedge" and dried it before stripping the flowers to fill little  silk bags that I bought at the Dollar store.  I love Dollar stores. They're almost as much fun as thrift stores!  I found this pretty garbage can there too.



That's my post for today. Thanks for tolerating my light-hearted post about Razor, the stuffed Eagle.
I thought it was so unique that I just had to buy him (.50) and once I brought him home M. christened him Razor.

Now I'm off to hopefully have a very productive day.

Thanks for visiting,   Granny M.

10 comments:

  1. Sweet Peas are just that, SWEET! Your little bouquet looks so refreshing. I love Dollar Stores too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The overcast days are best for getting things done, I think. I will have to try sweet peas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love sweet peas but don't seem to have any luck growing them. What will you do with all your lovely sachets of lavender? Send them as gifts to appreciative out-of-province relatives? LOL
    Here we are having a cool day as well so I've been taking advantage of that and getting lots done. Hope yours goes well too!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweet peas are so pretty. I'm hoping to add those to our garden next year. This year is dirt and compost and design, with the beginnings of perennials. Will add more in each year. And the lavender ..... always my favorite!

    Enjoy your day!

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet peas look so delicate and beautiful, I’m sure they smell amazing too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Sweet Peas are so pretty...and thank you for sharing about the Clustered Bell Flowers. That is exactly what that is!

    Also...your sweet bags of lavender are just lovely! You have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty garbage can.
    I've been hearing how hot it is all over, not here by me. Summer here is like one long spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lavender bags, the perfect addition to any drawer or wardrobe. I have some dried ready to be bagged, I also add some when I make soap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Granny Marigold, I feel just awful for missing your last four posts. Why, your blog is one of my favorites. Think I've had too much going on lately. Those sweet peas are so pretty, they don't even look real! I know they are. All your flowers are like that. I LOVE those little drawers you found and love how you've put the pretty little saucers in them. And, that eagle in the tree! That is so cute! Well, I enjoyed reading back and catching up. We are getting lots of rain here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lavender is so, so pretty! Oh, I wish I could grow it here. But your little sachet bags are just lovely. I know you'll enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete