Friday 10 August 2018

My Week

I found these lovely botanical mugs made by Pfaltzgraff at the thrift store for .75 each. I couldn't resist buying them. Looked them up on-line and a set of 4 costs 34.99.



                         Also found at the thrift store... more books!



We were given a pail of figs from a neighbour's tree. They didn't take long to dry . I had never even eaten a fig until a few years ago ( unless you count Fig Newtons).  


That bunch of Lilies I posted about earlier has continued to open. Because the dining room ( where I'd normally have placed them) is so terribly hot I have been keeping the bouquet in the bedroom where there's A/C.
 I am so tired of this heat!


Some of the moments from my week that are the most precious have been spent with the 2 youngest grands. We had a chocolate fondue one day ( with lovely strawberries, banana slices and cubes of Banana bread). Also reading The Velveteen Rabbit to M.  That book remains a fav. of his.




                         GRANNY MARIGOLD

17 comments:

  1. I so love your posts. So many times, today included, I think "hey, I have that too!!" The cups you posted a while ago with lavender prints .... I have 2 of those. These mugs today you bought .... I have 4 (also bought at our thrift store) and the Susan Branch book. Such good taste you have!! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do seem to like a lot of the same things ( and be fortunate enough to find them at thrift stores).

      Delete
  2. Such a joy to read a book with a Grandchild and creating some wonderful memories for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those figs look delicious! I've always loved figs and we have tried and tried to grow a fig tree. We have ten figs on the little tree I planted last year. Hope they ripen and are fit to eat.That is a pretty set of mugs. You find the best things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only figs I like are in Fig Newtons. : )
    Great deal on those mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you having wildfires in your area? We're getting a lot of smoke here in northern MN. Beautiful books! We should all start libraries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wildfires are further North but the smoke drifts our way.

      Delete
  6. Your botanical mugs are adorable...and what a wonderful bargain you got! The Lilies are so pretty...different colors, but delicate still in their own way. Kind of like people. ;) I liked seeing how you dried your figs. I still haven't made my fig/hazelnut bread yet. Oh...and that Susan Branch book is a fave of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really cute mugs! And all your talk of figs and chocolate... mm-mm . I have a hundred figs on my tree at least, and I'm hoping at least half of them ripen before winter! One of my favorite fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you read all of the books you buy at thrift stores? I love fresh figs but seldom find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find about a third of the books I buy are not as interesting as I thought they'd be and end up going back to the thrift store.

      Delete
  9. Lovely cups/mugs. I have been getting lots of books from the charity shops as well - some good reading this summer.

    I think I have a little teddy very similar to the one in your photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those mugs. Maybe my mom had them at the Arizona house. I do hope things are cooling off for you, GM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also reading some books recently bought at the Friends of the Library sale at the armory. Can't go wrong, if they aren't to my taste someone else will enjoy it. I gravitate to espionage and suspense, and older mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a peaceful post! (except the heat, haha) You found a Susan Branch book at the thrift!! That's amazing. Hers get snatched up so fast. And those mugs are a very pretty pattern, one of their nicest. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bargain those mugs were and so cute too. Our heat is going now, hope yours does soon too xx

    ReplyDelete