Saturday 25 August 2018

This and That

A bit of everything today.
Last week I read this book then we watched the movie with our DIL and the grands. It is very worth watching for all ages. It concerns a boy who is born with  multiple  facial deformities and how he copes with school and friends.



Company was coming over last night so I got out my flan pans which haven't been used for years.
I just used a cake mix  and some cherry pie filling. I think it turned out looking good.
I put Cool Whip on before serving.





We went to a few garage sales this morning and of course I found a few small treasures AND  I came home with this cute Budgie. The people were moving and could't take him along so he and his cage plus all his toys, food, etc.. were free.  Now he lives in the sun porch where I hope he'll be happy. He's quite vocal which I like but at this point at least, he's not wanting to be touched. Guess he needs to adjust.


I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend. Here it is cool and we're actually having showers. It won't be enough to alleviate the drought but it sure has cleared the air.

Thank you for your visit today,


                 Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. We had sprinkles this morning, but not enough to wet things down much. It's hard to tell what is smoke and what is cloud cover now, but at least we can't smell it.
    Your dessert looks good. Not so crazy about the caged bird though. I hope you make friends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creation turned out great. Looks delicious though I would leave off the cool whip.
    Cute Budgie, what is his name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We forgot to ask the previous owners what his name was. So far we're going with Pretty Boy.

      Delete
  3. The budgie is very lucky to have a new home at your place! Lucky you as well...I would love to have some colorful finches but I don't have a lovely sunroom for them and anyway, hubby is not fond of birds in the house. BTW, your cake looks delicious. I do use my pans ever so often and fill the "bottom" flan extra full with a cream cheese/pudding filling and then invert the other one on top so as to create a center filling. (I straighten the outer edges before spreading whipped topping over it.)
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute budgie, yes they can be very vocal:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your bird is very pretty! Is he your only bird? Have you owned others previously?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks so delicious! I have never thought of baking a regular cake in a flan pan, that's a great idea. How adorable is that wee budgie. He looks so cute posing on his perch. Hope that after he gets used to his new surroundings that you will be able to touch him. Try little each day and he will gradually get to know you. Have a wonderful day!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flan looks delicious! We used to have birds years ago... they are good company. We visited a few yard sales this weekend too but all I brought home was a bag of clothes for my granddaughter. One place had a "fill a bag for $1" sale. Who could pass that up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww! Your new bird is so cute! What's his name? I bet he recognizes his name, plus other words. He will grow to love his new home - what a lot he has to look at all day! We had a parakeet when I was a girl; her name was Sparkle. She would eat toast from my hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cute little budgie, we’ve had ours a few months now and I love him. Do you have a name for him? I quite fancy watching that film, haven’t seen any good films for a while xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you took the budgie into your home, where he will get good care.

    ReplyDelete