Wednesday 8 August 2018

My Day


Oh it is another hot day here. We decided to pick up out oldest daughter and go to the plant shop
(where unfortunately there is no A/C).  My daughter and I had fun choosing plants while DH waited patiently for us to finish!


Sweet William is a favourite of mine and these lovely big plants were under two dollars. In fact I chose many more assorted plants and very few were more expensive than that.


Here they are in the shade behind the house waiting for a cooler day to be planted.
I intend to keep some inside the sun room and hopefully they will bloom all winter.


This particular shop has a cooler with fresh cut flowers. Today's special was a dollar a bunch of Lilies.
This large bouquet consists of 2 bunches. Most are still buds but I'll take another picture when all the buds open.


On a less pleasant note yesterday I was stung by a wasp and my arm is very swollen and sore. I'm taking Benadryl and using a cold gel pad which seems to be helping. 

Thanks for visiting, 

Granny M.





10 comments:

  1. Really good prices for plants and cut flowers! My lilies are cooked, gone all too fast in this heat. Sad.
    I swell up with stings too, first pain, and then awful itching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your bee sting and how sore and swollen it has made your arm. Taking the Benadryl is a wise precaution!

    On the other hand...it was a great day of plant shopping! The Lily that is blooming is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasp stings are so painful, ice and time is the only help. You bought yourself more blooming work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great new plants.
    Sorry about the bee sting. I've been stung a couple of times this year. Fortunately my bites just get itchy.
    We don't even have AC. Really doesn't get hot enough here to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the sting, wishing you a fast recovery. Great looking plants and those lilies were a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you were stung. Your many plants will be so lovely for $2!! Aren't you running out of room yet?! Some in the sunroom will be so nice. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wasps and hornets are getting bad this time of the summer. I usually dab some windex or ammonia on the bites, and it seems to lessen the sting for me anyway. Nice flowers! Phil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about that nasty wasp bite, GM :( Ouch! But the flowers are just gorgeous, and what a DEAL on those Sweet Williams! Those are big pots. They bloom so well. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I would love to have been with you. The flowers are beautiful, and such a good deal. It has been very hot and humid here too. You can only stand being outside for a little while, then have to come in and cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm sorry you got stung by a wasp. Their sting is so painful, and just keeps on hurting. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete