Monday 6 January 2020

Back to Normal


Things are back to the more normal routine with school starting up again today. M and I had time for a few games of Hangman before he had to leave. Does anyone else play this game any more?  It sounds rather morbid but it's a great game to improve a child's spelling ( although I must admit I didn't correct M when the word he chose for me to guess was unadmissable).

I have begun to clear up Christmas decorations. Very slowly. In between loads of laundry I took down the Christmas cards we had received and put those away.  Not much of a beginning but I don't intend to rush.

It is a cold and very wet day. With the temperature a few degrees above freezing  I cam back from my walk with frozen fingers.  Luckily my shoes kept my feet dry but I had to be careful for all the puddles. On Saturday I saw a flock of Robins and I looked for them today in the same area but they were gone. I hope they stick around.

That's my day so far. I hope your week is off to a great start.

Thanks for stopping by,  G.M.

9 comments:

  1. Every now and then Lorelei and I will play Hangman's noose...but it has been a long time. It has been sunny and bright here...just kind of nippy outside. Too cold for me to really want to be out, but think it was just the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the worst of PNW weather, cold and endless rain, dark and gloomy. It was a good day to do a thorough house cleaning after getting all of our Christmas decorations put away this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have played hangman with all of the grandkids. I too, think it's a great way to work on spelling. We had rain and gray today too with snow early in the morning. It's all gone now though.
    I still have the Christmas cards hanging up as I love to look up and see them. They probably won't come down until the end of the month.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a game we play with the grandchildren and passes away a gloomy afternoon very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to school here. Always hard to get up early that first day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to play hangman, the grands are all grown and hangman has become a thing of the past. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't played hangman in years but I loved it when I was a kid. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with Christmas décor still in place :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't played hangman in quite a while but used to play it all the time.
    It's been snowing all day here, so pretty to watch it fall in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to play this when I was a kid. When you think about it, it's a pretty gruesome game isn't it?

    ReplyDelete