Wednesday 1 January 2020

Random Bits










I have a Mary Englebreit card that has a pretty verse:  And let us now welcome the New Year,
 full of things that have never been.   Let's hope that those things 'that have never been'  are pleasant ones.

Random pictures today. The first is right outside our side door. DH built a ledge there years ago and for years I had birdhouses arranged there. They got old and it was time to replace them. I'm sure you'll recognize some of these teapots from previous posts.



My Christmas tea cozy that I made using a pretty place mat.


Remember my Stollen?


This was posted on the local police FB page. I thought it was cute.


Yesterday was a very wet day but the sky has cleared up and today I had a great walk. Not many people out first thing in the morning. I've been enjoying the decorations someone has hung on a few of the park benches.



Well, I will tidy the house and clean the bathrooms because DH's brothers and SILs will be coming over this evening.  I'm glad the house is still looking festive. I intend to leave the trees up for a while yet.

I hope your month/year is off to a great start. Thanks for coming by,


Granny Marigold




19 comments:

  1. Super Stollen - I come from Germany and we eat Dresden Stollen.
    A joy every year :-))
    I¨m happy when we read the blog 2020. Happy new year for you.
    Greetings from Viola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I recognize that fabric on the pretty teacosy. I had some of that at one point. Isn't today gorgeous, such a treat after yesterday. Nice to see some of your family pics in a previous post. I like your tea pots all lined up. I have lots that I have big ideas of planting succulents in. All the best in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2020 to you as well. I like your teapots on the ledge. They look so cheery. I did laugh at the stollen joke but yours, my friend, looks amazing. I wish I could have a bite of it. I haven't had stollen in years. The park benches look lovely.
    I plan a very quiet day here at home. I did go out and get some chicken for my lunch, but instead of KFC I went to the grocery store deli. For the same or cheaper price, I got enough for several meals instead of just lunch.
    Wishing you a lovely day with family and a wonderful year ahead.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post. We got our walk in too today, and in the rain yesterday. I'm holding off on decorating at least another day, but I might start tomorrow. No rush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a quiet start to the new year here, but I like it that way. Best wishes to you and enjoy the visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got your walk in! : )
    Nice to see your photos.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE, LOVE LOve that second park bench...did I say I love it? I, too, hope we all have a good New Year. In fact, if the year is a quiet year, I won't mind at all. Quiet is good.

    I love that teapot ledge....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stollen car is gorgeous! Someone obviously has a great sense of humour :)
    I hope you have had an enjoyable time with your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your teapot ledge... very cheerful! How nice that someone decorates the park benches. Wishing you a Happy New Year and wonderful 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Happy New Year to you! May this be a great year for you and your loved ones. We still have our Christmas décor up too. It's so cheery and colorful! All the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the teapots on the fence, such a great idea. The benches all decorated are so inviting, I would love to sit there a while. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy new year to you and your family!The FB post of your local police was indeed genious!I find it admirable how you enjoy all simple, everyday things in life!It is a kind of wisdom it only comes with time!Have a lovely weekend with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tea cozy is a brilliant idea!! The natural quilting of the placemat makes the perfect material. I'll have to start looking out for some placemats at the thrift store :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the stollen joke, the teapots and the cute tea cozy! Hope you had fun with all the relatives! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is always nice to get out and walk! Enjoyed your ledge where you can display your teapots, they are a beautiful collection! Your stollen looks amazing, and I chuckled at the FB post! Enjoy your company, many blessings to you in 2020 :)

    ReplyDelete