Tuesday 7 January 2020

My Day


I've been looking at my very root bound Orchids and decided to transplant them into bigger pots.
I watched some You Tube videos  in preparation. I hope I didn't kill them but if I did I won't be all that sad. They're finished blooming and from what I've found out they are extremely slow in reblooming.  I like my house plants but I need them to be unfussy ( is that a word?)



I don't like how the plastic pots fit into the terracotta ones but those are ones I had on hand so I used them.


I took this book out of the library, choosing it mainly because it is not fiction and also because it is large print and the way my eyes are now the LP books are a lot easier for me to read.
The book got off to a slow start but now I'm halfway through and it's very interesting.


It's a dark and gloomy day and I'm taking it easy. There are many things I could be doing but I'll let those wait until tomorrow.  I did walk as usual this morning. It was raining but not nearly as hard as yesterday. I'm thankful for my big umbrella.

I'm going back to my comfy chair now to read.

Thanks for stopping by,   G.M.

13 comments:

  1. Just what one should be doing on a dark and gloomy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am just sure the orchids will do beautifully! You do seem to have a green thumb! I hope you will write a bit more about the book. Do you not read fiction? A comfy chair and a good book sounds perfect for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read fiction but the last fiction books I read seemed so predictable and I found myself skimming a lot hoping to find out what happened without having to actually read. No real point in that.

      Delete
  3. My daughter has an orchid that has been in constant bloom for most of the past year. I don't get the attraction of orchids... just not my cup of tea I guess. Glad you had a "take it easy" day... we all need those sometimes, and gloomy days are perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to step outside and take a lovely walk, as you did. Here it is piles of snow upon snow and ice everywhere. To try to walk outside would be risking life and limb. I am still recovering from major surgery two months ago so don't even feel much like walking indoors. I enjoy your blog though and how you're always picking up something new to read. Blessings to you as we begin this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane, for your kind words. I hope you'll soon feel completely well again.

      Delete
  5. I have not been successful at growing orchids. I agree that house plants can't be fussy here either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have killed every single orchid I've ever had. In fact, one by one all of my plants are dying and I'm down to just two philodendrons. I'm starting to buy the plastic ones from Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
    Your book looks really interesting. I enjoy non-fiction sometimes as a break from what sometimes seems to be a predictable fiction format.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get a lovely surprise and the orchids bloom again quickly. I want to look that book up and see what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can be hard, the gloomy days! I think you are doing it right! I feel the same about plants ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a nice day! We don't have to do so much all the time, it is important to sit down with a book and just enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you the perfect way to spend a gloomy day...in a chair reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I told Adam today that I'm also feeling very lazy and leisurely today. I think a good term for 'unfussy' regarding plants (at least, in my house!) is 'tolerant of neglect.' I am not good with house plants. Not sure I'm great with them outdoors either, haha. January is the month to take it slow.

    ReplyDelete