Friday 31 January 2020

What I did Today

It was a day of wind and heavy rain so no walk for me except in the grocery store aisles as I did the weekly shopping. Once I had put all the groceries away I started on a task I have been meaning to do for some time. I have a habit of cutting out recipes from magazines, recipes that I mean to try 'someday'.  I had a thick binder stuffed full. I removed them all and sorted through them trying to decide realistically if I was ever going to  try them.  Well over half ended up in the recycle bin. I put new scrapbook paper on the cover of my binder and put the saved recipes into it. I think in another year I'll go through them again and if I still haven't tried them I'll get rid of them too.

No pictures of that chore but I did find a humorous ad on a local on-line marketplace. Someone was  selling crocheted panty pot holders.



Thanks  for visiting today,

Granny Marigold



10 comments:

  1. I did the same thing a few months ago. I was constantly printing out or cutting out new recipes and stuffing them into a three-ring binder. I finally got rid of almost all of them.
    Love those cute potholders. I actually had one years ago. Now I'm wonderig what happened to it?!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the potholders! We like to try new recipes, but we do tend to stick to the tried and tested ( and loved ) We eat a lot of fish and we have a regular delivery ( every 9 weeks ) from Grimsby. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same with my recipes last week. Still have way too many so I'm going through a second time. I wanted a particular one and it took forever and a day to filter through so that was what got me started. Love those pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pot holders they certainly made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on going through the recipes....I need to try some new things. I am so tired of the same old, same old. But I tend to let my girls try things and if I like it, then I fix it. LOL

    Cute potholders...I would not have the nerve to use them as that though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a binder full of cut out recipes too. I should do what you did and sort through them. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a good clean out of recipes like that too!!
    Hope you had a nice day for walking today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! Nice undies pot holders. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pot holders are bizarre!
    I don't save recipes that I see. I occasionally ask a friend for a recipe if they make it and I love it. But I'm not much of a cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have thousands of loose recipes collected over more than 50 years now! And that's just the paper ones. I have lots online but they don't clutter up my life the same way. I have a dream of sorting through those pages and papers one day. You are a good example. When I saw the picture, I thought you were going to tell us that you made those potholders!

    ReplyDelete