Monday 30 March 2020

Cleaning and a New Sign


It's Monday so that means laundry day at my house.  My last load is in the dryer and then I'm done.  In between loads I decided to take down and wash all the tea cups in the cupboard just to the left of the kitchen stove.  Got that done with no mishaps.

The grands are, of course, home from school. They came up earlier with those Lysol disposable towelettes and asked if they could wipe all the door and cupboard handles in my place. I was more than happy to say yes.  I find even kids are aware of the dangers of this virus and want to do their part to avoid getting sick.




My eldest daughter made me a sign to hang on the stand that DH made from a discarded  newel post. The sign is reversible. She did a great job.   Now if only the weather would warm up and we could actually gather on the porch!!   It's a chilly day and just a little while ago it was hailing.  Certainly not porch sitting time yet.




I hope you are all keeping safe and well and not getting too bored staying at home.


Thanks for coming by,


Granny Marigold  



20 comments:

  1. I am bored and not sure why —. Not for a lack of things to do! I have to say, my kitchen has never been so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your sign! It sounds like you had a very productive day. Keep safe. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! It is so fun to complete cleaning projects like that. Why don't I do it more often? Hmmmmm. Take care, GM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having the very same weather! Rain, hail, sun, rain, hail,sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sign turned out really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shining in and around your cups!! Good work!! You have a nice family, good friends! You are a good Granny!

    STAY HEALTHY!!

    I hear all days the news from your country. The problem here is the same. Big crisis and danger - -


    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not bored, but then I am used to staying home and not having a lot of social life. What I don't like is the lack of personal freedom to come and go as I please, but that is a small sacrifice for keeping us and others safe.
    We have had rinse and not quite dry weather here today, one squall after another, with sun breaks in between. Is March going out like a lion?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems there is no end to the talent in your family. Love the sign your daughter made. Your tea cups looks so pretty all together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sign - it brought back happy memories of sitting in the rocking chair on my daughter's porch and watching the birds coming in to visit her pond. Have a great day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your teacups and your porch and sign. We're not having porch sitting weather either. In fact, it's supposed to snow again tonight. We had hail a couple of days ago. Good for your grands! It sounds as though they're looking out for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sign. Your daughter is so talented! What a wonderful collection of teacups you have. And, they are all sparkling clean!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  13. I like it, she did a great job on it. Love you special little place there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love to sit on the porch...I bet we would have a great time together. I have got to sit a little bit a couple or three different days. Well, one day was more than just a bit. I so LOVE your teacups. I expanded that first pic in a new tab till I could get a really good look at them. (I should have said first of all that I love the sign your daughter made.) She must be really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very pretty sign! Soon it will be warm enough to go out on that porch and enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice sign hope you can be outside soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet of your grands to help keep you safe. Kristi did a great job on the sign, I love that it's two sided!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the sign. I always manage to fill my day thankfully. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm an introvert by nature, so staying in has not been a problem for me. I/we go for the daily morning walk and I enjoy walking around our back yard to check on my flowers, etc. I'm finding more than enough to keep me busy. :)

    ReplyDelete