Thursday 5 March 2020

Morning Walk




Not much to blog about today. I did go for my 2 mile walk around the lake ( actually remembered to wear my pedometer).  It's a cloudy day but a pleasant 4 degrees C  (39F).





As I walked by myself ( DH was volunteering) I dawdled more than I usually do and took the time to read the inscriptions on various park benches. This pot of Daffodils was on a table whose inscription indicated the today had been the birthday of the loved one.





This pink bench remembers a little girl who passed away aged 4. It's the only bench that is painted.



Assorted ducks, geese, and coots.



Cormorant


This weeping Willow just beginning to show a hint of green was full of tiny birds that I couldn't see well enough to identify. Most flew away before I could get out my camera.


Now that I'm back home there's a bit of housework to do. DH's 2 sisters are visiting from out of the province ( I may have mentioned this in a previous post) and they're coming for supper. That means I must smarten up and make a nice meal instead of the slapdash  usual fare.

Thanks for visiting,


Granny M.






Snowdrops are the first to bloom in my garden



17 comments:

  1. The daffodils are so pretty, they look a little lonesome on the table all alone. Painting the park bench is such a sweet idea in memory of a little girl. Hope you have a great visit with hubby's sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful walk with you this morning. The sky/clouds are beautiful. Snowdrops? can spring be far from us now? I did see a Robin Red breast today. Enjoy your evening plans with family....

    ReplyDelete
  3. With things slowing down around here this week, walks are about all I have going on too. The daffodils on the table are touching, and so is the pink bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your visitors. Always a joy to go on a little adventure for a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely walk you had. Now that our weather is getting a little warmer I'm going to have to start walking again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nice place to take your morning walk. The daffodils are pretty.
    Nothing growing around here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE snowdrops! Here in Bavaria they look the same! So we are connected from snowdrops to snowdrops! :)

    Very peaceful post with great pictures of a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sad that a 4 yr old died...a child's death always bothers me. I always know some mom's heart was broken...and dad's, too.

    I would love to go for that walk with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some nice pictures of the birds on the lake, and you managed to get fairly close. I haven't seen the ducks on the pond here in a few days. It's so warm now that they may have decided to head north. It's good to see the snowdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed going on your morning walk with you. The snowdrops are beautiful. One sure sign that spring isn't far away. We had temperatures near 60 F today but the weekend is promised to bring us 3-6 inches of snow. March...you gotta love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your family all think your "slapdash usual fare" is delicious and they love eating it! But I know what you mean. I always want to make that extra effort when company is coming. I hope your supper was successful and a good time had by you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful walk. Thank you for taking us with you. I hope your dinner went well and you had a lovely time visiting your family.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Slapdash usual fare" describes my cooking! :) Looks like a nice walk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I saw the pink bench, at first I thought it was very sad, but thinking it over, I believe the bench is quite a nice celebration of the girl's life. The donors were very thoughtful and generous. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed tagging along on your walk, although I should really be out taking a real walk. Maybe today will be the day :). Your walking route looks like it is full of interesting sights. Judging from what I have seen here on your blog, your slapdash usual fare would be very tasty. Your snowdrops look so pretty. Mine aren't nearly as full, but still a welcome sight at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely daffodils, but it is sad to see that bench.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!! I'm very behind on blog reading these days but will catch up now with you :) How nice to watch the ducks and geese, and that willow is a stunning tree.

    ReplyDelete