Tuesday 6 October 2020

A New Teacup, Fog, and a Birthday

 I haven't added a teacup to my collection for a long time. I have to be more choosy now because I'm running out of space.

This pretty cup and saucer were made in occupied Japan.  When I saw it in the thrift store I knew it would come home with me.

 




 It was very foggy when we set out on our walk this morning. It looks like the Coots are back to spend the winter on the lake. It's hard to see them but there were so many!


On the way back the fog had lifted enough so I could get a picture of a neighbour's Autumn Crocus.


Yesterday was this sweet girl's birthday. I was so overjoyed to become a granny... 32 years have gone by so quickly.  She and her BF came for supper. 


Her gift to herself was this adorable kitten which her cousin is holding.



 Enough sitting around. I have yard work to do while the weather holds.

Whatever your day holds I hope it's all good.


Granny Marigold



18 comments:

  1. oh that is so lovely!!! that teacup but esp the granddaughter!!! :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very elegant teacup, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty teacup to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In former times they new how to celebrate fine tea in golden cups with plates.

    Really 32 years since this nice granddaughter was born? Where is the time - my granddaughter is 2 years now, and I see, soon I will be 90 years old!

    What a sweet black cat and nice cousin of your granddaughter!

    Congratulations for your Granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to collect teacups too and that one is a beauty. Your granddaughter is too and HaPpY BiRtHdAy to her. A new kitten is so special.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures, teacup, granddaughter and kitty with cousin! Thanks Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see Autumn crocus that have not flopped. Lovely.
    Happy birthdays and a return of the old coots. Good things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the teacup and you are certainly blessed with a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful Tea Cup- my Partner-Chris- has her Mothers set of Crocery and Tea Set- all very detailed and so light. It is good to collect things like these cups. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colors on your newest teacup. Belated birthday greetings to your pretty granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to the birthday girl! That teacup is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your grandgirl is beautiful and I love that pretty tea cup! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another pretty teacup and saucer. Do you ever find one and can't remember if you already have one like it? You have so many pretty ones. What a cute kitty. Glad your granddaughter picked it for her birthday present. She looks like a very sweet granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tea cup for your collection, I can see why it came home with you! Hello and Happy Birthday to your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes indeed, where do the years go to - they seem to fly by so fast. Happy birthday to your grand-daughter. Your new cup and saucer are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday wishes are in order. Isn't it amazing how quickly time flies....32 already! I remember when I turned 32, it was the year I began my current job! Lovely tea cup to be sure, I can see why it came home with you.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  17. That crocus is amazing! Happy birthday to your granddaughter. The kitten is a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to your Graanddaughter! That cup is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete