Thursday 1 April 2021

Micro Greens

 


   

Happy first day of April.  It's a cloudy and chilly day here. Yesterday we had lovely sunshine and I puttered outside all day. I need more sunny days to get everything done ( does it ever all get done?). So unless the sun decides to come out from behind those clouds it will be a day for inside work.

Some time ago the Furry Gnome mention in his blog something about micro greens. I did a wee bit of research and found out that a) they're easy to grow, and b) they are supposed to be packed with nutrients. I figured that it sounded like a good idea. I'm sure my diet could do with a lovely boost of vitamins.

I chose radish seeds and grew them in a recycled plastic salad container. This is my second effort. They are supposed to taste like radishes but I can't say that they do. But they tasty and I think I'll do this until my outside  greens are ready.

Well, I must get on with my day. I hope the sun is shining on you and that April will be a great month!!


GM




15 comments:

  1. Growing microgreens is a great idea. I bought my daughter a 3 tiered container for growing them them that came with all different kinds of seeds (only $7 or $8 on Amazon) for her birthday. She loves them! Happy April, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is mostly sunny here today, at least in late morning. We will be getting outside this afternoon to do some planting/transplanting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I must be on the same wavelength as I have been meaning to grow some microgreens but you are obviously ahead of the game. I am behind schedule and haven't gotten to planting my seeds yet! I wanted to plant a mixture of beet & radish seeds as they are supposed to germinate at about the same rate so we'll see how that goes.
    Happy 1st of April!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Microgreens what a great idea - I have to do that too :-)) Thanks for the tip. You always need a boost for good things. However, today I baked a whole grain rye bread with sourdough - very healthy.
    Did you have an April Fool's joke today for April 1st - I had a joke with the angel children.
    Many greetings to you. Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy April too! You are right work in the garden and the house is never done. When I finally realised that and decided it was a constant work in progress I was much happier! The micro greens sound like a very good idea, a perfect way to get an extra portions of greens in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!!

    I also can't seem to make myself do the outdoor work when it's foggy or cold. I hope your sunny days increase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how smart of you! Those greens look lovely and vibrant 🌱🌱🌱🌱

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to try that too, but have yet to do it.
    Oh those bunnies are the cutest little things!!
    We've had snow showers all day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband reported today that I have greens coming up in the greenhouse/woodshop...lettuce from last year:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you believe I don't even know wha microgreens are? I think I'll be taking a trip to google tomorrow for some information. They do look good.
    Happy April! We had a lovely day here and temps in the high 50's. It was wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The microgrreens wait to enrich your kitchen!

    The sun is longer than the nights now, and we hope for some light time in April.

    We have a wondeful clear blue sky today, but I hear, that a nordic snow will come next week.

    Lovely baby-bunnies you found here to show us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would be fun to try, but I don't think my cats would let them be. They have always been so very inquisitive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to try that, too! Something always eats up my radishes before I can harvest them, anyway, so this will be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah! Those bunnies are the bomb! I'd like to have a lop eared bunny. Happy Easter GM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Easter, Granny Marigold...

    ReplyDelete