Saturday 17 July 2021

Mainly about Flowers

 

The sunshine continues and so does the drought. I do some watering every day and am thankful for the flowers that can manage without watering. Like Rudbeckias, Shasta Daisies, and Coneflowers.
 


Nasturtiums are also fine with not much water although these got a good soak one night when middle son forgot to turn off the sprinkler.  Oops.




The white Clematis cascades down every year right onto the nearest patch of Daisies.


Last but not least the first pole beans are ready. These are the Rattlesnake ones which I like because they're early but I don't like the roughness of the bean itself. It seems all pole beans are 'hairy' but the Rattlesnake are the worst. I've told the story before but will tell it again for new followers. When grandson M was in kindergarten each child got to plant a bean in a cup and bring it home. His thrived and we were able to get enough beans to keep some for seeds for the next year. Every year since we've grown them ( he's now going into grade 7).

Have a good day!!  GM


15 comments:

  1. We're expecting our first bean harvest tomorrow - about 6 beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandson...rattlesnake beans then?
    Love the drought tolerant blossoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovw the daisies and cone flowers - some of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story of the beans and of course the many lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty, you would never know there was a drought. I love the story about your grandson and the bean. I've never heard of Rattlesnake beans and will look it up. I love green beans...all types.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is beautiful and I love that you are still growing beans from your grandsons school project from so many years ago. It's crazy how fast the years pass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the story of the rattlesnake beans. I hope you get rainfall soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bean tradition!
    July flowers are beautiful as long as we can keep then flourishing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely story about the beans, that is wonderful. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Photos G.M. Home grown Beans are delicious. I use to grow Beans forty years ago now- and miss my Vegetable Garden. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes its HOT here in Sweden too, very hot! The first picture, from what book is that painting? I just love it :)
    Have a great sunday now and take care...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I could not find a single nasturtium six-pack NOR packet of seeds this year anywhere! It's like they've disappeared off the face of the earth lol. Maybe next year, I guess. This is the first year I didn't grow beans... we had such a bad harvest the past couple years I decided to let it go for now. It has been such a scortcher in our area for days and days, too.... not enough rain to do any good, a sprinkle here and there. It all seems to go around us. Your flowers look sooo lovely, though!! The white shasta daisies I planted a few years ago at my sons are doing great like yours also! They sure are prolific! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mandy's MIL brought me a butter container FULL of fresh picked bush beans from their garden. I made them tonight with bacon and real butter. Yum! That was my dinner with a piece of leftover meatloaf.
    Your flowers are lovely and I loved the bean story. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful pictures and the flowers are so very pretty GM. Girl, it's hot here too! Wish I was back on the beach. At least I had a breeze. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your flowers. Here at the moment it is very, very hot and we have to water a lot to keep our flowers.

    ReplyDelete